Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucy666

Recently Gone Gluten Free

I have been off gluten since last Thursday. I cut out all wheat, and switched to gluten free pasta, crisps, and cut all gluten out. Due to this I have lost weight, which I did not want to happen as I am still trying to gain weight. Does anyone know of any foods I can replace or high calorie snacks/foods I could eat to get my calories back up?

Another question I have is, I have a cadburys Easter egg left from Easter. The hard hollow egg. Am I able to eat that? I've searched online and it doesn't have any gluten or wheat in it.

Thank you.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is there a reason you went gluten free?

Someone from the UK is going to have to address the Cadbury egg. Hershey's makes ours in the states and I am not sure the formula is the same.

Eat fat to increase calories. Coconut oil. Olive oil, chicken fat, etc provided you can digest them.

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

some  people  lose  weight  others gain but once  your  body heals you  will taper  right  to where  you should  be... Filling  up  on high empty  junk  food  may  make  you  gain  weight  it also  may  slow  the  healing  process  &  make  cholesterol  go  higher....or  cause  other issues...

My  suggestion  is  to load  up  on healthy  foods  , eat  more  times a  day  add  nuts   & more  protein.....

Your  body  is  already  making  many  changes  by going  gluten free  eating a  ton  of  junk isn't  going to make  it  better  faster....

Healing  can  be  quick or  lengthy  every body is unique ,  no  certain  time  limit...

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter