Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikki2777

Healthy Choice Chicken & Rice Canned Soup

Hi - Does anyone know if Healthy Choice Chicken & Rice Canned is gluten free?  Does anyone with Celiac eat it safely?

The ingredients list both Maltodextrin and Potato Maltodextrin, so I'm wondering about that first Maltodextrin.  It's a Con Agra product, if that matters.  When I did a search here, the only recent posting was about a recall in spring, 2014 of the microwavable version because WHEAT wasn't listed in the ingredients (!).

Thanks.  I buy these for my kids and only just tonight thought to look at the label to see if I could have some.   Though I don't love that they had to do that recall ;-)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If an ingredient is sourced from a gluten grain, Con Agra will clearly say so. Disclosure of wheat is required by law in both the US and Canada. The soup is gluten-free.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Join eNewsletter

And maltodextrin is from corn. Even when I was corn intolerant I could eat it because there is no protein in it.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

And just a FYI - Progresso has a gluten-free line of soups. I believe chicken and rice is one of them. They will be mixed in with all the other Progresso soups in your grocery store but will have gluten-free on the label. I get their Rich and Hearty New England Clam Chowder and it is really really good.

gluten-free since June, 2011

It took 3 !/2 years but my intolerances to corn, soy, and everything else (except gluten) are gone!

Life is good!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter