Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serielda

Of All The Things I Miss The Most......

Ok so my first year of dealing with things has been a roller coaster straight from the land of chaos. Granted things have gotten better, yet there are things I am still struggling with.  As many of you here who  are familiar with me knows I was take off a vegan diet much to my dismay and it lead to a long pity party, at which no time did I cheat. I do not believe in cheating in that I to try  not harm anything around me including myself, this lead to several months of being upset that I had to eat meat as my Dr.'s did not want me consuming any grains or dairy.  The dairy thing was not a problem as I did not consume dairy products for several reasons, but upon shifting to paleo, I  did not do the 21 day sugar detox, after close inventory i felt I did not consume a lot of sugar to begin with, but perception is a mother. 

So anyway I was talking with a good friend of mine who is a tattoo artist who is not comfortable performing a tattoo for me right now due to some break outs on my skin. My  dermatologist has determined it as Dh.  After a refusal on my end to use clindamycin topically I was  asked to refrain from sugar and caffeine and I admit I am not  quite the good girl with that as I feel I have given up  way way way to much already. Giving up gluten no problem, ask me to eat meat and I get a bit angry but begrudgingly do so. So to not disappoint a friend of mine who asked me to do the tattoo for a tat conference I am giving up the sugar so her canvas won't be a huge disappointment and also it may do me some good.  My problem is I now have a screaming headache and I  need to study for  work. In 2 months I am switching departments and I need to study my butt off so I do well in my new area. I had during the time of my pity party shot thru 7 months of good learning time because I was not happy  with Paleo.

So some may ask why I have  such a grudge against Paleo. Here it is, I have friends who tout they eat paleo( note the friends are not celiacs at all)  but when going out will eat a gluten free dish while ingesting Jack Daniels or  drink beer. As a celiac I get angry at this because their flighty actions I feel  ruin and discredit things for us who are ill and need to be gluten free so i tend to want to lump paleo as a  trendy moron thing, when its furthest from the truth. While there are  trendy dieters, there are those of us who are on Paleo because it does help celiac's.  

I want to move past this and thrive and kick butt in my new position but with the headache and things I feel mopey and I am losing time with studying. So how does anyone else here when abstaining from certain foods and things deal with withdraw? The good news is since I have cut out  the sugar and caffeine  the dh is showing some improvement.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have you read the DH section? You might find it helpful. I am not knowledgable about DH, but I recall that food high in iodine trigger the DH rash. I have not read that sugar impacts it.

I have not had withdrawal symptoms (never gave up coffee) so I can not help you there. Hang in there. It is hard dealing with celiac!

Hugs!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter