Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, Lainie C. said:

If you are eating tacos the cheese may contain gluten. When shredded the cheese is then powdered with wheat to keep the cheese from sticking.

That’s some strange thing that keeps getting passed around.  The purpose of the “ powder” is to keep the cheese from clumping.  Wheat flour would not do that.  When it is damp, it is glue like.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

You definitely look like you are positive on blood work.  For reference, my TTG IgA was 8 , when 1-3 is normal. That's considered weak as well.  Then I had the biopsy and was marsh 3b  After a week of gluten-free diet they di...
    It is amazing that your are seeing these results.  Great news!  I am awaiting biopsy results from my endoscopy to see if there is some sort of allergic reaction going on.  I guess if they don't find anything in my esophagus they will nee...
    I bake with both flax and chia seeds. I will put a tsp or 2 of chia seeds in water or a tbsp of chia in coconut milk to make chia pudding.  I have not just sprinkled on my food as knowing my GI tract and my other tag along issues I require ...