• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

hipretty

Wal Mart's Great Value Product

Rate this topic

This may have been posted before i don't kknow, I haven't been a regular for a long time. But tonite my husband called me from wal mart to tell me that their own soy sauce appeared to have gluten-free ingredients. When he turned the bottle over it actually says GLUTEN-FREE!!!

Just thought I'd share this in case ya'all didn't know!

:P

This may have been posted before i don't kknow, I haven't been a regular for a long time. But tonite my husband called me from wal mart to tell me that their own soy sauce appeared to have gluten-free ingredients. When he turned the bottle over it actually says GLUTEN-FREE!!!

Just thought I'd share this in case ya'all didn't know!

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. I love it when a company has either gluten free or the allergens listed. My eyes get so tired of reading tiny print on label after label after label..... (for those in the right area, Kroger's soy is also gluten free)

I have found several items at Wal-Mart lately also that specified gluten free on the label. One of them was some salsa in the refrigerated section of the deli. It sure does make you feel good to see it spelled out doesn't it. :D

Jennifer

Guest barbara3675

WalMart has made it known that of it's 1200 Great Valu products, over 900 were going to be eventually gluten-free and it would be stated on the packaging. What a smart move on their part. LaChoy soy sauce is also gluten-free, FYI. I know that there are a group of people that would not go near a WalMart, but for me that isn't the case. I love to shop there and will be checking packaging when I do.

Barbara

Be careful of Walmart's Great Value brand. When my daughter Kailyn reacted to their yogurts they told me they could confirm or deny whether the yogurts contained gluten...I even talked to the corporate office!!! Outrageous.

Be careful of Walmart's Great Value brand. When my daughter Kailyn reacted to their yogurts they told me they could confirm or deny whether the yogurts contained gluten...I even talked to the corporate office!!! Outrageous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a big change in that last august(? or there aobuts...), and its just not starting to penetrate at the store level..theres a thread around here some place with the details....

Canadians need not look for the new labelling. According the the manager of the 10 food aisles at my Walmart, this is a U.S. thing only.

There was a big change in that last august(? or there aobuts...), and its just not starting to penetrate at the store level..theres  a thread around here some place with the details....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kailyn ate one of their yogurts 2 weeks ago!!!! That's when that episode happened! I have stopped shopping at Wally world altogether

Kailynsmom,

Did the yogurt actually say gluten-free and then they would not confirm or deny if it was gluten-free or not? It is not clear if their yogurt said it or not.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• April 17, 2019 Until April 27, 2019
      April 17-27, 2020   For the past few years many of you have asked us to arrange a River Boat Cruise that will allow us to visit Amsterdam's famous Keukenhof Gardens at its prime time of the blossoming of the millions of Tulips and Hyacinths - alongside the windmills of the Netherlands.  With the participation of a minimum of 20 persons we have arranged an All-Inclusive Cruise from Antwerp to Amsterdam.  This cruise will not be offered to the public until January, 2019 and always sells out quickly.   THERE WILL BE NO MONEY REQUIRED NOR COMMITMENT FROM YOU until we have all the final costs and details.  If you are at all interested check out our website for as many of the details that we have as of this time.   We need your request to be placed on a list of interested participants so we can present that number to Uniworld to show we have the sincere interest in this All-Inclusive Bob & Ruth's Gluten-free Cruise.   PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE FOR THE DETAILED INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE AS OF THIS TIME.   http://bobandruths.com
    • May 01, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • May 04, 2019 Until May 05, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com