Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

AmyMan4

Numb Hands And Feet

Rate this topic

I am new to this Site and I was hoping for some help.

Last week I bought melatonin tablets (that dissolves under the tongue) and took them 4 times ( once every night for 4 nights) before I realized that they had gluten. The stupid ingredients were so small and were written in gray on pale purple so I missed it. 

I didn't realize that I had been glutened because I had no gastrointestinal symptoms at all, instead my  hands began feeling numb.

The last time I took the melatonin was 4 days ago and every day I seem to get worse. My Feet are now numb along with my hands and I am fatigued and just feel terrible.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it out of my system? Has anyone else had this reaction to gluten? If so, how long did it last?

Any help would be appreciated as I am going crazy!!!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am sorry that you are sick ! Everyone is different when it comes to healing. Remember, gluten triggers an autoimmune flare-up that can last for days or weeks! Just drink lots of fluids, take it easy and get lots of sleep. That is my line of defense.

I hope you recover quickly!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Oh, I get numbness in my fingertips and tingling in my legs. I am not B-12 deficient. My doctor thinks it is just related to celiac disease. Those symptoms resolve over time, but will occur when I get glutened. It happens to the best of us!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Yes, as Cyclinglady mention, lots of fluids. It might not flush the stuff, but rather re- hydrate you as you do.  Go on a "clean" diet.  Fresh seafood, meats, potatoes, rice, fresh veggies with simple seasoning - salt and pepper.  Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

An Omega-3 fatty acid (fish oil) deficiency can cause poor circulation in the hands. I used to have trouble with that. I found the circulation in my hands improved greatly when I went gluten free. 

Wheat sensitive. Probably Celiac disease but it could be an allergic response. I get very strong anxiety and then autistic symptoms whenever I eat wheat. It is probably a form of encephalitis (swelling in the brain due to wheat) but I am not sure.  Things that I avoid: All grain, alcohol, eggs, dairy, processed food.

Join eNewsletter