Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

binkman

Supraclavicular Node?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I've got a quick question. Has anyone ever experienced an enlarged supraclavicular lymph node? I developed a cold about two weeks ago and noticed an enlarged submandibular node. I'm mostly recovered, but still having a bit of snot and phlegm, especially in the morning. I assume the submandibular node is related, but a few days ago, while looking it up, I noticed the real worrisome lymph nodes are in the supraclavicular area.

So, of course, I started feeling around. And I found one. It above my left clavicle, waaaay over towards my shoulder, nearly under some muscle tissue where I wouldn't be able to feel it. It's pretty prominently sticking out, but its not very large. Maybe it's a half centimeter at most in diameter? I've read this node is associated with the thorax and abdomen and was wondering if it can be associated with celiac disease? Little worried, as this node is referred to as the "devil's seat" given its association with metastasized cancers.

Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed anything similar.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

On 5 August 2015 at 8:28 PM, binkman said:

Hi guys,

I've got a quick question. Has anyone ever experienced an enlarged supraclavicular lymph node? I developed a cold about two weeks ago and noticed an enlarged submandibular node. I'm mostly recovered, but still having a bit of snot and phlegm, especially in the morning. I assume the submandibular node is related, but a few days ago, while looking it up, I noticed the real worrisome lymph nodes are in the supraclavicular area.

So, of course, I started feeling around. And I found one. It above my left clavicle, waaaay over towards my shoulder, nearly under some muscle tissue where I wouldn't be able to feel it. It's pretty prominently sticking out, but its not very large. Maybe it's a half centimeter at most in diameter? I've read this node is associated with the thorax and abdomen and was wondering if it can be associated with celiac disease? Little worried, as this node is referred to as the "devil's seat" given its association with metastasized cancers.

Just wondering if anyone has ever noticed anything similar.

Hi there

Just wondered if you found anything out about that lymph node... Is it still there? I have one too... I'd love to know what happened to yours and what docs said if you went??

All the best 

Kimmy

Diagnosed Celiac Oct 2012 (Blood and Biopsy)
Gluten free / Dairy free / Caffeine / Almost sugar free / Tobacco free 2012. Corn free 2013
Vegetarian since 1986 / Asthmatic since 1990 / Migraines since 1998

Symptoms: Classical GI symptoms. Fibromyalgia. Odd pains. Bone aches. Severe headaches. Severe depression. Anxiety. Diagnosed with severe anaemia. Severe Vit D deficiency. Boderline Folate & B12 Defiency.

Since being gluten free... initially felt better for a month, still suffer with loose bowels, am currently struggling with many more allergies and intolerances to foods, such as dairy, egg, celery, oranges, tomatoes, quinoa, seeds,... Pressure hives (from Feb 2013) / Having bad leg aches during periods (June 2013)

(Marked in bold, these problems have been resolved)

Join eNewsletter