Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Nelly

Food allergies

Rate this topic

I am 44 yrs old with celiac diagnosed in March 2015. I am allergic to soya ,corn, yeast, milk and rice. These food allergies were diagnosed 17 Years back. Whenever I eat them my rashes become irritated feel the Urge to scratch them and sometimes they bleed also And the area turns a bit darker and the skins looks too dry . Doctors say it's more like eczema and it might not be celiac related. Even after going gluten free this allergy hasn't gotten better. Any suggestions?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was listening to someone a few weeks back talking about having a very long lasting rash that didn't go away even though she had a really long list of foods she was avoiding. It turned out that one of the few foods she wasn't avoiding was eggs, but when she cut them out of her diet her rash went away in just days. Based on her story, you might try eliminating eggs for a week or two to see if it makes a difference. Eggs are one of the top 8 allergens.

Or it could be something else...

Join eNewsletter

I have additional allergies, so eliminating gluten is not related to these. I am allergic to dairy, soy, chocolate, tea (?? whoever heard of this?), now realizing lately that my throat closes with honeydew melon and cranberries. the list seems to grow with time. so one thing has nothing to do with the other 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter

I have alleriges, have an epi pen. up till this new thing with my throat closing with melon, the only symptoms I had were GI. but with this new one, I'm glad I have the epi pen 

good point 

gluten free since 11/12  

dairy and soy free since 1/13

chocolate free since 6/14

I miss my chocolate!!!   but I'm not sick anymore, and that's what really matters  :)

Join eNewsletter