Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Zachm

Dealing with college

Rate this topic

Okay, first and foremost, I ended up with a math teacher I have taken for the 2nd time(once for calculus and this time for statistics). I should have known better than to take her again because of the way she is, but anyways here is the issue. I think I have something other than celiac, but all the doctors have told me I have is "IBS" and Celiac (Havent had the endoscopy/colonoscopy because busy with college). All I am trying to get them to do is let me take a remote final for AN ONLINE CLASS, at home. I am not a cheater, I even told them I have no problem being skyped or recorded, but they tell me I cannot. What do I do? Its been so bad that I cant even leave to go to the post office five minutes away, let alone drive 20 minutes one way to take a test that, to do correctly, will take an hour at least...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This was years ago, but I injured my eyes during final exams week (I stayed up all night writing a paper and left my hard contacts in).  I had severe corneal abrasions.  I took an incomplete in Economics and after the winter break, went back and took the final.  I did have documentation from my doctor and that satisfied my professor.  I can see the school/instructor not wanting to set a precedent by allowing an online final.   But it does not hurt to ask.  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter