Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazer

Pre Dignosis/Testing for Ceoliac

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group today so bare with me! So i started about 6 weeks ago getting quite mentally confused/dizzy. Then came the overwhelming tiredness usually after eating and occasional bout of diarrhoea. 4 weeks down the line I have developed quite dreadful brain fog, feel drowsy quite a lot, depression/anxiety, lost about 1 stone, feel very weak, light coloured constipation, general strange noises coming from my upper stomach and gas. I've had blood taken on monday for Ceoliac disease should take around 2 weeks to know the results. Im writing today for some kind of reassurance. In element these problems have ruined my life over the last 6 weeks as I'm usually a happy active 19 year old lad however I've been able to/felt like doing nothing. Do people think this sounds like Ceoliac? in a way i hope it is so i can start to make some changes! Anyone had similar symptoms??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm not a doctor so I can't diagnose you, but I wanted to let you know that I hope you get some answers soon. I hope they also checked your liver enzymes.  You have the exact symptoms I had when I was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis.

My daughter had some of the same symptoms and tested positive for Celiacs although she had the symptoms for years before she was diagnosed.  If your test comes back positive you may have to have a biopsy done to confirm. That's what they did for her and then she started a gluten free diet. She had to eat normal to get an accurate test. The goods news is if it is positive you should see some relief once going gluten free and there are a lot of good gluten free options. Good luck!