Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

manitourose

Natrol - Fast Dissolve Melatonin 5mg

Rate this topic

This specific product was shared on a Facebook group where the member learned there was indeed wheat in her melatonin. Natrol 5mg Fast Dissolve Melatonin. 

On many sites (such as Vitacost.com) it is listed as "no wheat" and so on. However when you click on "supplement details" it states "contains wheat" and inactive ingredients lists modified food starch -- the likely culprit.  -- http://www.vitacost.com/natrol-melatonin-fast-dissolve-tablets-strawberry?q=natrol&ta=natrol  I sent a message to vitacost.com to at least make them aware they display conflicting information.

Here is what is confusing. The same product of fast dissolve, but in the 10mg, also lists "no wheat" and DOES NOT indicate any modified food starch or suspicious ingredients. Their "time release" melatonin products also list "no wheat" and nothing stands out on the inactive ingredients.

I can't trust a brand that is so mixed with such similar make of products. I truly did trust them to begin with... the product shows no ingredients that worried me. I have taken their "Time Release", which specifically states no wheat, gluten, dairy and so on, but not the above mentioned Fast Dissolve.  However, this is too hit or miss on products (especially the fast dissolve 5mg (with wheat) and 10mg (without wheat) for me to believe anything they say. Grrr!

Edit: Natrol's website lists "modified food starch" in it's 10 mg.  https://www.natrol.com/p-72-melatonin-fast-dissolve.aspx

I still do find what this all frustrating and definitely wish there were better regulations. Supplements will likely be the last to ever get regulation up to our standards :-/ Sigh!

Just a rant and hopefully others will double check their products just in case.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):