Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

EricaBrown

Help..I have no clue as what anything means

Rate this topic

Hello everyone...

Until about two days ago I didn't know what Celiac was, and I just thought that gluten-free was a new fad like Atkins. I have been seeing my doctor every two weeks because I thought I had thyroid problems, but my TSH is 0.98. I always knew my stomach was funky, but I thought it was my normal. For the past 4-5 months I have been alternating between diarrhea and constipation, but mostly diarrhea. I've lost 25 pounds and have muscle cramps, ADHD, anxiety, migraines, along with other issues. So my doctor ran tons of blood tests and one stool sample. What do these results mean?

Stool Sample for electrolytes

Sodium was 95.2 (normal is 0-199)

Potassium was 25.2 (normal 0-199)

Chloride was 57.2 (normal 0-39) HIGH

Glaidine Antibody IgA/IgG Profile EIA

Glaidine Peptide AB IgA was 23 (normal 0-19) HIGH

Glaidine Peptide AB IgG was 2 (normal 0-19)

The doctor told me to stop eating gluten and referred me to a GI. Should I stop gluten now or wait for the GI opinion? I also have massive amounts of pelvic adhesions with an unknown reason; no previous surgeries, no infections, etc. Could this be tied to that? Thanks for helping me understand me!!!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Erica,

Karen Lynn is right, don't stop eating gluten before all testing is completed.  We have even had posters who completed all testing and then started on the gluten-free diet.  And then the doctor or lab lost the test results and they had to start all over eating gluten and getting re-tested.  Starting back on gluten after you have quit for a while can be very unpleasant.

Symptoms can vary widely in celiac disease patients.  People report vary degrees of pain and even no pain sometimes.  We are all individuals and react as such.  Symptoms don't even have to be GI system specific, but can include skin reactions, joint pain, irritability etc, etc.  Bloating in the gut and pain is fairly common though I think, along with alternating constipation and diahhrea.  All in all it's lots of fun.

Do take some time to check out the Newbie 101 thread, it has some info that could help.  And feel free to ask questions about anything.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter