Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

heyitsmissa

Perky Turkey Jerky

Rate this topic

If you've had Perky Turkey Jerky on your safe list, you can now remove it. 

Got glutened today. It's no longer gluten free. Newbie mistake of not double checking the label. Had a seizure. Fun times. Just heads up! 

Their website is still calling all products certified gluten free, so I've sent an email regarding that as well... I'd hate for someone to order the jerky from their website and get a NON-gluten-free product. Ugh. GRR! 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

2 hours ago, heyitsmissa said:

If you've had Perky Turkey Jerky on your safe list, you can now remove it. 

Got glutened today. It's no longer gluten free. Newbie mistake of not double checking the label. Had a seizure. Fun times. Just heads up! 

Their website is still calling all products certified gluten free, so I've sent an email regarding that as well... I'd hate for someone to order the jerky from their website and get a NON-gluten-free product. Ugh. GRR! 

What ingredient has changed?  I just looked at the website and even the beer flavored one is gluten-free.  They use hops but not actual beer.  Have they stopped using the wheat free soy sauce?

Join eNewsletter

Just now, kareng said:

What ingredient has changed?  I just looked at the website and even the beer flavored one is gluten-free.  They use hops but not actual beer.  Have they stopped using the wheat free soy sauce?

On my bag today, in the Original flavor, they used regular soy sauce. I'm so disappointed. I can't even begin to put into words how I feel about this. 

Join eNewsletter

Update! I emailed and received a response -- 

Hi Melissa:

All of the Beef and Turkey Perky Jerky we currently produce is gluten free (lab tested and certified) and our bags are CLEARLY labeled correctly.  We switched to all gluten free over 14 months ago, so there shouldn't have been any bags with gluten still in the marketplace. 

If you still have the bag there are some numbers on the back that we can use to investigate the issue.  Please send me those numbers or take a picture so we can look into it.

We would be more than happy to send you some gluten free product stratight from our office.  Please let me know if you are interested in this and forward your address.

Thank you!

Apparently I got a bad batch. 

Join eNewsletter