Rate this topic

Just got an email about the free screening and education day.  If you are in the Chicago area, you might find this helpful & fun! Links might not work because I am just copying my email.  Just copy and paste the link to the U of C's site to register. I am in Chicago for a wedding , so I might pop over.

Please join us at our Annual Celiac Education Day!

Celiac Education Day: On October 22nd, join The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center in a free, educational event not to be missed! Celiac Education Day will feature three guest speakers, a live Q&A panel, as well as our free blood screening.

Schedule of Events: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Q&A Panel with Dr. Stefano Guandalini and a panel of experts

11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Personal and Psychosocial Challenges of Celiac Disease (Presented by Lori Welstead, RD, MS, and Tina Drossos, PsyD) 

Celiac Education Day events are free and open to all, but preregistration for the Blood Screening is mandatory. Registration will open on September 14, 2016. For more information please visit: www.cureceliacdisease.org

Celiac Education Day: Free Blood Screening, Educational Sessions and Product Sampling!

All events will be held at The University of Chicago Medicine, Duchossois Center for Advanced Medicine (DCAM Building), 4th Floor, 5758 S. Maryland Avenue, Chicago. For directions, please visit www.uchospitals.edu.

You are eligible for the Blood Screening if:

• You have been on a gluten-containing diet for at least 12 weeks prior to testing;

• You have a close family member that has celiac disease or Type 1 diabetes;

• You have Down Syndrome; 

• You have a related autoimmune condition such as rheumatoid arthritis, MS or Addison's Disease;

• You have digestive problems, chronic fatigue, osteopenia/osteoporosis, or Type 1 diabetes;

• You have other related symptoms or conditions;