JeromeP

Help on blood test results

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

I have been reading the forums quite a bit lately and wanted to take the time and thank the community for the support you provide. I am sure lots of us don't post but get reassured from reading...

I have had health problem for about 10 years now, but it really started to be bad for the past 4 years. After MANY tests and exams, I finally asked my doctor to test me for Celiac as my previous doctor didn't bother looking into that.

I would truly appreciate if someone could help me decipher the results I just received, as my doctor referred me to a GI saying it was not his expertise and didn't want to give me false diagnosis. Unfortunately, my appointment is in more than a month away, I don't really want to wait..

Celiac Disease Comprehensive

• t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG, <2 (negative)
  • t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA, <2 (negative)
  • Endomysial Antibody IgA, Negative
  • Immunoglobulin A, Quant, Serum, 530 mg/dL (high)
  • Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA, 13 (negative)
  • Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG, 62, (>30 strong positive)

After (too) much reading, it appears that a positive Deamidated Gliadin Antibody IgG shows gluten immune reactivity but because of the other test (especially the tTG IgA and EMA) being negative, it does not indicate Celiac. My conclusion is I have a high probability to have non-celiac gluten sensitivity.

I'm seeing the GI next month and will be able to gain more understanding, but if anyone has knowledge on these tests, I would truly appreciate help.

Thank you

Hi Jerome,

The DGP IgG being positive is very specific for a celiac disease indicator.  there only needs to be one positive antibody for celiac to be present.  The 2nd part of diagnosis is usually an endoscopy to check for villi damage.