Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):



Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

i know this is kind of a gross topic but any help would be great. 

i have generally smooth stools now that do come with a little difficulty still but once they start it gets easier. my stools are really smooth where one long piece will have no cracks of any sort just completely smooth and very very soft. They aren't always like this though. Sometimes it's round pieces all put together in one lump. There is an oily film in the water when I pass stools. My stools are generally brown and don't float. I'm not really sure what's happening. My blood tests were normal, TtG and IgA tests, (I'm visiting the GI later this week and will request the full panel), and so were my biopsies (two were taken and I will talk to the GI about that too). Calprotectin to look for inflammation and Occult test to see hidden blood were also negative/normal. I am on PPI's and I'm about to start my third month on them. I'm really struggling to understand what's causing all the issues IF it's not celiac. I noticed the film a few weeks ago after doing extensive research so I'm worried that the issue might have been there before and I just never noticed it. I'm also taking a teaspoon of Citrucel every day, twice a day. It's really nerve-wracking so any advice and tips would be appreciated. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


Hi HersheyGirl,

I hope you feel better soon!  Not getting a positive on the standard celiac disease tests doesn't mean you are not having symptoms from eating gluten.  It could be the antibodies were not detected for some reason, or maybe you have NCGS.  There is no testing for NCGS, so the thing to do is trial the gluten-free diet for 6 months after all your celiac testing is complete.


Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

48 minutes ago, GFinDC said:

Hi HersheyGirl,

I hope you feel better soon!  Not getting a positive on the standard celiac disease tests doesn't mean you are not having symptoms from eating gluten.  It could be the antibodies were not detected for some reason, or maybe you have NCGS.  There is no testing for NCGS, so the thing to do is trial the gluten-free diet for 6 months after all your celiac testing is complete.

Okay, thank you so much! What is all the testing that is done for celiacs? I've had half the blood panel, and a biopsy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

16 minutes ago, hersheygirl9 said:

Okay, thank you so much! What is all the testing that is done for celiacs? I've had half the blood panel, and a biopsy. 

Hi HG,

The celiac disease blood antibodies panel is usually the first test.  Then an endoscopy to check to take villi biopsy samples for review.  Four to 6 biopsy samples from different areas are recommended.  Sometimes a doctor does only the ttg IgA test at first, but here are also several other antibody tests that can be done.

There's more info at this site:

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/tag/screening/


Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

Your stools sound about normal and healthy. The film/mucus can either be excess fats, the gel from the citrocel your taking as it does form one, or it could be a mucus from intestinal irritation. Now I really do suggest not taking that citracel all the time on a consistent bases. It is very abrasive to the intestines, good for a few week cycle but not constant use. Look to using a different fiber on rotation and more natural ones like flax seeds, chia seeds, gluten-free Hemp seeds, coconut flour/shreds are all very good sources of add fiber. I love using whole hemp or pumpkin seeds from Gerbs. (10g of fiber a serving) 

I also love cooking with and using Glucomannan flour in stuff, it thickens like crazy when heated and then let to chill a bit, or blended into foods. I use a bit in eggs, stews, sauces, puddings. A little goes a long way and works wonders for making porridge sometimes in combination with other ingredients. Really does get you moving once your system gets used to it.


Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

On 4/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, Ennis_TX said:

Your stools sound about normal and healthy. The film/mucus can either be excess fats, the gel from the citrocel your taking as it does form one, or it could be a mucus from intestinal irritation. Now I really do suggest not taking that citracel all the time on a consistent bases. It is very abrasive to the intestines, good for a few week cycle but not constant use. Look to using a different fiber on rotation and more natural ones like flax seeds, chia seeds, gluten-free Hemp seeds, coconut flour/shreds are all very good sources of add fiber. I love using whole hemp or pumpkin seeds from Gerbs. (10g of fiber a serving) 

I also love cooking with and using Glucomannan flour in stuff, it thickens like crazy when heated and then let to chill a bit, or blended into foods. I use a bit in eggs, stews, sauces, puddings. A little goes a long way and works wonders for making porridge sometimes in combination with other ingredients. Really does get you moving once your system gets used to it.

Thank you very much for the advice. I'll look into including high fiber foods in my diet without the supplement. The doctor has decided to run blood and stool tests to evaluate pancreatic function with a Pancreatic Elactase Fecal test as well as B-12 and Folate levels. Hopefully this will give me some answers. They have also ordered a 48 hour fecal fat test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join eNewsletter

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

0


Join eNewsletter