Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Washingtonmama

Is it Celiac or not?

Rate this topic

Since I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, we had our two youngest (ages 11 and 16) tested. Our 16 year old is fine, our 11 year old had a high IgA but all the other tests were normal. Except he is anemic. Honestly, my brain hurts trying to figure this all out. I never did figure my own out. His doctor, who we love, says he thinks he is at risk for one day being diagnosed, but for now seems fine. The GI docs in our area are booked for months. What do these test results mean?

CELIACDP

IgA
114.0-339.0 mg/dL

Gliadin Peptide Ab IgA
Units

Gliadin Peptide Ab IgG
Units

Tissue Transglutaminase IgA
20.9High
Units

Endomysial Ab IgA Scn
Negative

Celiac Panel Interp

Results suggest the possibility of certain gluten sensitive enteropathies such as celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. Diagnosis should not be based on serologic findings alone. Results should be used in conjunction with other clinical findings and biopsy results for a diagnosis of gluten sensitive enteropathy

Keep him on gluten and make an appointment with the GI doctor. You could ask to be put on the cancellation list if you can get there on realitively short notice.  I hope you can get some answers soon.

• Upvote 1

Ask your son's doctor to call the gi dr for an appointment. We were told they were booked for the next couple months, and there was no way I was waiting that long. I called almost in tears to speak with our pediatrition about what to do for my son, and he called and got us an appointment for the following week. Amazing how they found that opening (eye roll). We had full celiac panels and genetic testing done on our other kids to check their probability of developing celiac. The combo (or lack there of) of the genes assesses the chance they have of developing celiac. Do keep him eating gluten until you can get further info though. If he needs a biopsy, he has to continue the gluten unfortunately. :(