Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
victoriafl7

Confused By Bloodwork Results

Rate this topic

Hi, 

I have never posted here before but am having difficulty understanding my results. Based on the celiac panel my doctor ordered, everything was normal except for my IgA, which was too high. The other results I do not know the specific numbers of because the lab just reported >20, for example,  and not the actual number. I have a ridiculous amount of symptoms of celiac, and I have been totally cleared of everything else. Chron's and all of the IBD testing came back negative and I don't really have as many symptoms of those either. My doctor said I may still have a gluten intolerance though. I am quite honestly sick of feeling so unwell all of the time and there is no other explanation as all of my other bloodwork was perfect. Is it possible that maybe my body hasn't had enough damage from the gluten so the results were negative? I just want to understand what is going on and no one seems to know because other than these awful symptoms I am totally healthy. I just hope someone can provide me with some knowledge on this as I find it quite confusing. Should I just assume it is a gluten intolerance and cut out gluten or should I get retested? Thank you for any help. 

Do you have a copy of the lab report. If you post it here, maybe someone can decipher it for you.