Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
lilo

Tpo antibodies over 2000?

Rate this topic

I have hashimotos for 4 years.This time my tpo antibodies increased know they are over 2000.My tsh is 5.2 . I had ultrasound and there is nothing different compared to my last results.I s it a sign of bad or good thing? I know they are veryy high but doctors say that when your thyroid tissue is dissapearing there's nothing left to attack so antibodies fall down.I'm very confused so maybe some of you can help me. Thanks :)

4 hours ago, lilo said:

I have hashimotos for 4 years.This time my tpo antibodies increased know they are over 2000.My tsh is 5.2 . I had ultrasound and there is nothing different compared to my last results.I s it a sign of bad or good thing? I know they are veryy high but doctors say that when your thyroid tissue is dissapearing there's nothing left to attack so antibodies fall down.I'm very confused so maybe some of you can help me. Thanks :)

There is nothing you can really do about the high antibodies.  If it is any consolation, mine have been as high.    Your TSH is too high.  The acceptable range now is around 1 to 3.  You might benefit by increasing your thyroid replacement (or starting) if you are not taking it now.  I feel best when my TSH is closer to a 1.  

I am not sure that the thought that your antibodies go down because there is nothing left to attack is true.  If you reach that point, then you should continually have to increase your dosage of thyroid hormone.  You would need full replacement dose that is given to those whose thyroid's have been removed.  I am no doctor so I could be totally wrong.

My thyroid antibody number went to 1200 before my diagnosis of Celiac.  I kept my TSH almost suppressed and went by T3 and T4 numbers only.  After about 8 years gluten free, my antibodies went into the normal range.  I figured it was because my inflammation levels went way down after removing the cause of it.....gluten. I now take a smaller dose of thyroid hormone as my regular dose than before I was diagnosed with Celiac.