Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×
1 1
Felix Nuts Tomcat

Pin prick bleeding under the skin

Rate this topic

I have had this issue since childhood and I am now in my fifties.  Yes I have been tested for bone marrow diseases and have come up negative.  I get these little spots under the areas of skin where it is thin and soft.  It happens when it is hot and I have been exposed to gluten.  They do clear rapidly.  Does any one else experience this?

I've had this - I first noticed it when I was quite poorly before I was diagnosed, although my blood tests were all pretty normal apart from protein levels which were slightly elevated and reverted to normal levels once I followed a gluten free diet, and low iron and B12.  I noticed it around my torso and also my upper thighs and seemed, like yours, to be related to heat.  They were a lot of them but not to the point that it would have been noticeable unless you were looking for them  i.e. it wasn't a dense rash. They would appear after exercise or a hot bath.  I think my vitamin levels were probably dreadful around the time of my diagnosis, I'd agree with knitty kitty about vitamin C levels.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:51 PM, Felix Nuts Tomcat said:

I have had this issue since childhood and I am now in my fifties.  Yes I have been tested for bone marrow diseases and have come up negative.  I get these little spots under the areas of skin where it is thin and soft.  It happens when it is hot and I have been exposed to gluten.  They do clear rapidly.  Does any one else experience this?

I get both petichae ( can be caused by low platelets, vitamin C deficiency, vitamin K deficiency and just generally having sensitive skin)  my son got petechiae when he was young once AnD His pediatrician told us not to give him ibuprofen as often when he was sick with a fever as it would contribute to the breaking of blood vessels.  and I also used to get a rash from sun exposure. I  self diagnosed it as polymorphous light eruption.  It only comes when it's hot outside in the summer and does not come if I wear sunscreen.  this year is the first time in about 15 years I have not gotten it, it's also common for it to disappear. But it iTches a little bit and has raised bumps.