Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease Read more... ×

Rate this topic

I just stopped in to say that as of last May, I think I am 6 years gluten free.  I have both celiac and super-sensitive allergies to gluten. I can get really sick just by holding a vial of gluten in an enclosed jar.  Home has been gluten free and I am feeling quite well and am working with my diet carefully omitting everything possibly cross contaminated and currently I am just having meat and veggies along with a little fruit.  This seems to be making headway on healing my gut which I have had extreme trouble with ever since accidentally ingesting soy a year or so back.

I have a new diagnosis of vitiligo.  I think that it may be not so new as I think I noticed a year and a half ago.  IT is usually covered by my hair and neckline so that even though I noticed it that long ago, I forgot along the way until I noticed it again recently.  As soon as I noticed it, I made an appointment with a dermatologist to find out that it was vitiligo.   I hoped that since I have already been strictly gluten free for so long it isn't spreading but today I had it checked and it had increased in size quite a bit.  I am wanting to hear anyone's experience with vitiligo in particularly healing with natural means.  The dermatologist offered me cream but I have trouble with detox and also it is only effective 50% of the time, so I sat back to see if it was growing or not.  Unfortunately, it does seem to be enlarging.

Nice to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about the vitiligo. I have no solutions, but  I hope someone else will.  ?

Hello.  

Here's a study that found vitamin B12 and folate supplements can help.  Vitamins D, C, and E are supposed to help, too.  (I prefer the methyl forms of B12 and Folate.) It's possible the bad soy episode resulted in a period of poor absorption.  But even on a gluten free diet, some Celiacs develop vitamin deficiencies.  

Hope this helps.