Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

LexieA

Solo Games to pass the time

Rate this topic

What are some solo games people like to play? It could be board games, puzzles, online games, card games, or online games played with other people. But not people you know, lol.  Because this happens at odd times so I might be unwell at 2 AM or something. When I'm not well, but well enough to concentrate a small amount, I'd like to have some games or things I can do that don't take a lot of energy or too much thought. I don't mind word games though, or the kind you get from the supermarket. Solve this mystery and that kind of thing.

I'm just looking for ideas, so even larger online games might be fun.

Plus I need to stop aimlessly browsing the internet.  It's not exactly restful.

Oh, I forgot, or any really good types of books you like to read also. I don't need the names but different genres that you find relaxing but not too taxing. I'm not rhyming on purpose, that just describes it best. :P

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello!  When I find myself up at odd hours, I put on this celiac disease Mozart for Meditation...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VFQ58U/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516086445&sr=8-1&pi=SX350_PI_PJPrime-Sash-Extra-Large-2017,TopLeft,0,0_AC_SX118_SY170_QL70&keywords=mozart+for+meditation+celiac disease

And I get out my dot to dot book, like one of these for adults....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_5?k=dot+to+dot+books+for+adults&sprefix=dot+t&crid=2B42N4PRIT56H

Sometimes I knit mindless objects such as hats, washcloths or socks.  Knitting has a soothing rhythm to it and is easy to learn...

Or I read a book about knitting and life...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1603420622/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1516087016&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=McPhee+knitting&dpPl=1&dpID=51fHYy2xXsL&ref=plSrch

Or a knitting mystery....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001LRLJUG/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1516087587&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=knitting+mysteries&dpPl=1&dpID=51z43F8UuuL&ref=plSrch

Knitting is really easy to learn.  I find it soothing to work with natural fibers, organic cotton for washcloths or luscious alpaca for socks... 

But I find it inadvisable to shop online in the wee hours...  ? I've got way too much yarn now...hee hee hee...  besides, the light from electronic devices keeps your brain awake longer....

Hope this helps....

Knitty Kitty

Join eNewsletter

I play a few online games...not as much as I used to, and I no longer really do the social aspect of them. EVE Online when bored I might just get on it and mine some asteroids, or run missions while watching anime or reading a book...makes me feel productive "Multitasking" lol. I have a few phone/tablet games like TrainStation where you just send trains out on contracts every day or so also.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter