Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carriecraig

Acidophilus

I wanted to thank all of you who posted about Acidophilus to help with yeast infections. I bought some on Monday, and by yesterday, I didn't notice any itching whatsoever. I bought mine at GNC, and it was in the probiotic section - what else will this help with?

Carrie

Blood test May 25, 2005

Positive diagnosis through Endoscopy June 13, 2005

gluten-free since then...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I wanted to thank all of you who posted about Acidophilus to help with yeast infections. I bought some on Monday, and by yesterday, I didn't notice any itching whatsoever. I bought mine at GNC, and it was in the probiotic section - what else will this help with?

I love acidophilus- have taken it since i was a kid anytime im on antibiotics. I find that it helps me a lot not only w/ preventing yeast infections but also w/ stomach problems- i always find that antibiotics are tough on my stomach. Glad it helped!

Did you buy one with the lactob. cultures? I always make sure to see Lactobacillus listed on the label--not assume. It is a huge help to me in balancing out yeast etc. I take it when I am getting sick and always when I am on an antibiotic--since then I've never had an infection. As Stefi mentioned, it is also helps replace good bacteria in the gut.

~~~~~~~

Jen

Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005

dairy-free