This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Do You Think?

Linda3149

Linda3149 Newbie

I've always suffered from stomach issues most of my life (I'm 69) never thought much about it until 5 years ago when my pulse rate starting getting high and then bouts of high blood pressure that would send me to the ER. Right now those episodes are mostly gone (I'm on a low dose of anti-depressant, years of therapy and going gluten free) but on occasion (maybe once a week) in the afternoon between 3-7pm I have another anxiety attack with my blood pressure elevating. Not sure why this is happening but my life no longer resembles the one I use to have.  These attacks is not happening from gluten but possibly some other foods.

Since my 30's I've had terrible allergies with sneezing, running nose and asthma. No anti-histamine would do anything for it. I've gone gluten free quite a few times and when I do the weight just pours off of me and my hair starts falling out and it becomes very fly away. I'm now down to 130 lbs at 5' 7" and it's aging me more than I want. I'm as thin as I was in high school. 

I had a blood test done by Vibrant America and  ate small amounts of gluten when I took this test. 

Transglutaminase Panel 

T3 IGG was .41 in control

T3 IgA was .37 in control

T6 IgG .76 In control

T6 IgA .33 in control 

Wheat Germ Panel

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG .97 Moderate

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgA .87 in control

Giladin Panel

Alpha Gliadin IgG 1.03 Moderate

Alpha Gliadin IgA .54 In Control

Alpha-Beta Gliadin IgG  .94 Moderate

Alpha Beta Gliadin IgA .33 In control

Gamma Gliadin IgG .96 Moderate

Gamma Gliadin IgA 

Omega Gliadin IgG 1.03 Moderate

Omega Gliadin IgA .97 Moderate

the Gluteomorphin IgG and IgA were in control

The Prodynorphin IgG and IgA were in control. 

My total IgG is 599 high risk

Total IgA was 181

The Transglutaminase 2 IgG .56 in control

Transglutaminase 2 IgA .43 in Control

DGP IgG .29

DGP IgA 029

Intestinal Permeability Panel

Zonulin 48.8 moderate

Anti Zonulin IgG 1.32 High Risk

Anti Zonulin IgA .70

Anti Actin IgG . 1.55 High Risk

Anti Actin IgA .67 in Control

I also have two other panels Glutenin Panel and a Non-Gluten Wheat Panel if you should want/need those numbers.  I have no idea what this test says but I believe I have celiac and I won't go back to eating gluten to get tested again. 

My anxiety is my biggest fear. When it comes I usually do a heating pad on my stomach and take a zanax to get my stomach to calm down so my blood pressure doesn't get too high. 

I'm thinking of getting a second opinion from another doctor who is not throwing darts at the board blindly.  Would love to hear some feedback from someone. I also take blood pressure meds. 

My tolerance for meds is limiting. I took half a dosage of children's allegra and had an anxiety attack at the dreaded time of 3-7. I have some new vitamins    but I worry that it will cause an anxiety attack.  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

cyclinglady Grand Master
1 hour ago, Linda3149 said:

I've always suffered from stomach issues most of my life (I'm 69) never thought much about it until 5 years ago when my pulse rate starting getting high and then bouts of high blood pressure that would send me to the ER. Right now those episodes are mostly gone (I'm on a low dose of anti-depressant, years of therapy and going gluten free) but on occasion (maybe once a week) in the afternoon between 3-7pm I have another anxiety attack with my blood pressure elevating. Not sure why this is happening but my life no longer resembles the one I use to have.  These attacks is not happening from gluten but possibly some other foods.

Since my 30's I've had terrible allergies with sneezing, running nose and asthma. No anti-histamine would do anything for it. I've gone gluten free quite a few times and when I do the weight just pours off of me and my hair starts falling out and it becomes very fly away. I'm now down to 130 lbs at 5' 7" and it's aging me more than I want. I'm as thin as I was in high school. 

I had a blood test done by Vibrant America and  ate small amounts of gluten when I took this test. 

Transglutaminase Panel 

T3 IGG was .41 in control

T3 IgA was .37 in control

T6 IgG .76 In control

T6 IgA .33 in control 

Wheat Germ Panel

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgG .97 Moderate

Wheat Germ Agglutinin IgA .87 in control

Giladin Panel

Alpha Gliadin IgG 1.03 Moderate

Alpha Gliadin IgA .54 In Control

Alpha-Beta Gliadin IgG  .94 Moderate

Alpha Beta Gliadin IgA .33 In control

Gamma Gliadin IgG .96 Moderate

Gamma Gliadin IgA 

Omega Gliadin IgG 1.03 Moderate

Omega Gliadin IgA .97 Moderate

the Gluteomorphin IgG and IgA were in control

The Prodynorphin IgG and IgA were in control. 

My total IgG is 599 high risk

Total IgA was 181

The Transglutaminase 2 IgG .56 in control

Transglutaminase 2 IgA .43 in Control

DGP IgG .29

DGP IgA 029

Intestinal Permeability Panel

Zonulin 48.8 moderate

Anti Zonulin IgG 1.32 High Risk

Anti Zonulin IgA .70

Anti Actin IgG . 1.55 High Risk

Anti Actin IgA .67 in Control

I also have two other panels Glutenin Panel and a Non-Gluten Wheat Panel if you should want/need those numbers.  I have no idea what this test says but I believe I have celiac and I won't go back to eating gluten to get tested again. 

My anxiety is my biggest fear. When it comes I usually do a heating pad on my stomach and take a zanax to get my stomach to calm down so my blood pressure doesn't get too high. 

I'm thinking of getting a second opinion from another doctor who is not throwing darts at the board blindly.  Would love to hear some feedback from someone. I also take blood pressure meds. 

My tolerance for meds is limiting. I took half a dosage of children's allegra and had an anxiety attack at the dreaded time of 3-7. I have some new vitamins    but I worry that it will cause an anxiety attack.  

How long had you been consuming gluten before these tests?  Experts recommend 8 to 12 weeks.  

Open Original Shared Link

So, your test results maybe invalid.  ?

I am not familiar with all those tests, but I am sure that if you had not consumed enough gluten, your chances of measuring antibodies correctly are low.  These are the standard tests accepted by world leading celiac experts:

The company you used is a little suspect.  They stated only three weeks of gluten consumption for the blood tests and I have never seen that!  It is just two to four weeks prior to an endoscopy to obtain intestinal biopsies.  

“If the test results indicate absence of antibodies tested for celiac disease, confirm your patient was eating a normal, gluten-containing diet for a least 3 weeks prior to testing. If not, the test results may have been compromised. If the patient was eating normally, there is a chance he/she has non-celiac gluten sensitivity.”

They trademark standard celiac tests? That seems odd.  But I am not a medical doctor nor do I work in a medical laboratory.  

You might consider consulting with a GI who could move forward with an endoscopy as you should not be losing weight on a gluten free diet unless you are cutting calories dramatically, not eating a well-rounded healthy diet or you still are experiencing malabsorption for many reasons like celiac disease (which in that case, you might not be dietary compliant).  

It sounds like you are gluten free and might not interested in further testing in that case,   check out our Newbie 101 thread located under the “Coping section of the forum” for tips to keep you safe.  Make sure your kitchen is safe from cross contamination, DO NOT EAT OUT until you are well,  avoid even processed gluten-free foods if you can.  Eat foods they way your Grandma made them instead (without the gluten of course).  Give yourself six months at least of being strict.  If you do have celiac disease, you should feel better.  Ask us for help!  Members here have valuable advice and want to help.  

Now, the anxiety?  Who would not be anxious if you were sick?  It is a common symptom of many autoimmune issues or other illnesses.  This might resolve if you are indeed celiac.  

Please make sure your medications and supplements are indeed gluten free!  

I hope this helps!  

Wende D Newbie

Have you ever had your thyroid tested? I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. A year or so before the celiac disease. I had many of the same symptoms you have described. Weight loss,anxiety, elevated heart rate. After they got that under control I felt better but then the acid reflux kicked in and that is when the diagnosis for Celiac.  Have been on a gluten-free diet for 3 1/2 years. Actually feel like myself again.  Good luck. Don't give up.

Kala Williamson Newbie

I have celiac and have suffered as you in some ways. I’m very proactive with everything that is ingested. Whether it be food, medicine, supplements, toothpaste, mouthwash, lipstick, makeup, eyeshadow, eyeliner, anything that could be ingested. You mention you take blood pressure medicine. Is it gluten free? Is your Xanax gluten free? Not all brands of Xanax or generic brands are gluten free. This is something you have to stay on top of all the time. I say this from experience because a couple of medications I was taking that were on the gluten free list were removed without me knowing. After getting very sick, I started digging and searching. I had to go back into my doctor and figure out new medications. Doctors don’t usually have a gluten free list of medications. I carry mine with me on my phone. Pharmacist don’t know either and they are not very helpful. This is something you have to do yourself. If you take supplements make sure they say gluten free on the label. 

Hopefully this helps you. 

Archived