This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Enterolab News

Nancym

Nancym Enthusiast

Just got this from Enterolab. Good news about him publishing! I can't wait to see it!

This is a letter of gratitude. Thank you!

I am deeply grateful for your patronage and support of my professional services, and my personal character in bringing them to you. In the year 2000, I left a hospital/university-based career in academic medicine I had worked at for 20 years in order to serve the health needs of the public more directly and fully with the findings of my scientific research and my desire to teach. I did so in faith….faith in the goodness of service and wanting to help people. It was then that I founded the not-for-profit Intestinal Health Institute* (IHI) as the vehicle to deliver medical research, education, and low cost diagnostic testing to the public directly. EnteroLab.com is one service arm of the IHI. Because of your trust in these services, and me, the IHI has survived and succeeded.

To thank those I have served, the IHI is hosting an educational conference and celebration, and I want you to come. It will be a weekend of medical/scientific information, healthy food, and entertainment brought to you for your Health, Happiness and Hope. The conference, titled "Intestinal Health…and Beyond!", is being held at the country’s largest hotel, the beautiful Adam’s Mark Hotel in downtown Dallas, Texas March 3-5, 2006. Please save the date! (A formal invitation will be sent to you by mail very soon. Please look out for it.)

At this seminar, you will be among the first to hear the final results of my 8-year study of non-invasive fecal testing for gluten sensitivity being prepared for publication.** The data has been analyzed not only for its importance to the general public, but particularly as it relates to people with autoimmune diseases, microscopic colitis, or relatives with gluten sensitivity/celiac disease. Many of my laboratory clients graciously participated in this study by filling out an online follow-up questionnaire (and those that have not but would like to will get their chance). At that time I told them that they would be the first to receive the results. They will be, and so can you. There will be many additional lectures on topics that should be of great personal interest and aid to you. I will also close the seminar by dedicating time to your specific health needs in the form of a question and answer session. Please see the conference agenda attached below for your review, or go toOpen Original Shared Link

I and a few other health experts will be sharing all that we know about optimum intestinal and overall health through these lectures. But I will be sharing something more with you. For the past few years, through education, formal training, and hard work, I have elevated my long time hobby and amateur profession as a singer-songwriter-guitar player to a professional level. Please attend this March conference and you can also be among the first to hear musical performances by my professional band-mates and me. I am no stranger to using my voice in service; I have been a synagogue Cantor for 12 years. I look forward to sharing my vocal and musical skills with you in Dallas, and the world at large as a "Physician-Musician on a Mission".

I have dubbed my music "Music with a Purpose: To Entertain, Educate, and Enlighten", and have 3 professionally recorded celiac disease’s to be "released" at the conference. After realizing that music can help serve my professional health mission, I wrote and recorded an entire musical curriculum for childhood health and nutrition, to help in the fight against America’s childhood obesity epidemic. It is called "Get on a Mission of Nutrition" and will be offered as a fun multimedia learning tool to grade schools, community recreation centers, libraries, pediatrician’s offices, Children’s hospitals, and grocery stores, among other locales frequented by kids. (Please seeOpen Original Shared Link to learn more about this important program.) Music from my inspirational celiac disease called "For Want of Higher Ground", and my purely entertaining celiac disease "Whatta You Supposed to Be" also will be featured at the March conference. Additional entertainment will be provided by medical humorist Neil Shulman, M.D., the nationally renown doctor and author of numerous books, among them the book made into the movie "Doc Hollywood" starring Michael J. Fox.

I have made painstaking efforts negotiating with the hotel to make this conference weekend affordable and comfortable for you. My institute is bringing almost two full days of educational sessions, professional entertainment, a Friday evening reception, Saturday Lunch, Saturday Dinner and Sunday Lunch for only $250. (Similar events normally cost $400 - $600.) If you desire to attend only Saturday’s activities and meals, you may do so for $175, or Sunday for only $125. The food will cater to the needs of my food-sensitive clientele. Being gluten, dairy, yeast, and egg-sensitive myself, I have personally met with and briefed the Head Chef and Sales Manager on these issues, and they are excited to provide from an isolated kitchen, healthy, delicious, organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, egg-free meals at my recommendation. (Breakfast options including any of these foods will be available to you. Fully Kosher meals available upon request.) I will personally insure the safety of the food being served at the conference so you are comfortable and that your food needs are met.

We have a hotel room block held for Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 at a greatly discounted rate of $99 + tax per night. To make your hotel reservations, please call the hotel directly at (214) 922-8000 and ask for reservations, or (800) 444-2326 and choose choice #2 on your touch tone phone. Be sure to advise them you are registering for the Intestinal Health Institute Conference to receive the special $99 rate. Should you desire to book additional nights, the same rate will apply for three days before and three days after the conference. Space is limited for this conference; to reserve your spot at this time, please let us know you are interested in attending by emailing us atinfo@intestinalhealth.org or call 972-686-6869. Please advise us as to how many people you would like to register so we may hold seats for you. If you would like to volunteer at the conference, please tell us that too. An official registration form will be sent to you in a few weeks, and online registration will be available very soon atOpen Original Shared Link We look forward to having you join us!

Since beginning medical school out of high school at the age of 17, it has always been my deep desire to help people with their health. Now I am here for this and more: "For Your Health, Happiness, and Hope!" This conference is for you…to thank you and provide you educational information along with educational enlightening entertainment and healthy food to help you attain this. It would be my honor to have you join me in Dallas March 3-5, 2006, so that I may stand before you in person to serve you in these ways.

Thank you once again for your ongoing interest and support of EnteroLab.com, the Intestinal Health Institute, and me. I hope to see you in Dallas in March.

Respectfully yours,

Kenneth Fine, M.D.

Founder and Director, Intestinal Health Institute

Open Original Shared Link

*The success of the Intestinal Health Institute is exciting, but our work has just begun. Our focus must broaden and stretch farther around the country and world to continue our ground breaking medical research, and to keep carrying the educational messages for improving intestinal and overall public health. To do this, we need your help. To date, I have never asked a fee for public speaking appearances (of which there have been many), and I have not asked my supporters for monetary donations to the IHI. However, if you are in a position to make a tax-deductible donation to the IHI, it would help us immensely, and I would be extremely grateful. You can obtain information about sending donations at Open Original Shared Link , or simply send your check and return address to: Intestinal Health Institute 10875 Plano Rd. Suite 123 Dallas, TX 75238.

Don’t forget to save the March 3-5, 2006 date. I want to meet you in Dallas!

** Because the IHI is a research institute, it would help us greatly to be able to utilize your EnteroLab results in our research tabulations for this study. No names are ever used in published medical research, and results are not disclosed to any outside party. Despite this, if for some reason you wish your results to be excluded from the research analysis, email us at email@enterolab.com Thank you for your support of our public health efforts.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Nantzie Collaborator

I got this too! I wish I could go to the seminar. He sounds like such a nice man. If anyone can make it you'll have to give us a full report when you get back.

Nancy

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Wow,

Thanks for posting that Nancy, I can't wait until he publishes the results of his studies. I hope it will be sometime this year. I think I'll always be curious about the results of my test until further is known about the stool tests. Its exciting....I wish I could go.

Guest barbara3675

How did he decide who to send invitations to for the conference? Did he hope that some key people would put it on their message boards? Is this conference by invitation only? It will be very interesting to hear the impressions of th people that can go and also to hear how his work is received when he does publish.

Barbara

Nancym Enthusiast

I assume they're sending it to all their patients, at least that they have valid email addresses for. Its also on his web site. Its open to anyone!

Archived