This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Lumene Cosmetics (drug Store)

Guest BERNESES

Guest BERNESES

Here';s the response I got from the company:

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding Lumene!

We would kindly like to inform you that the only Lumene products which contain glutein are the Lumene Hydra Drops skin care products and the Hydra Drops foundation (makeup). The Hydra Drops -products contain oat extract.

Best regards,

LUMENE Cosmetics / Export

I'm psyched because their stuff looks great- it's all from Finland, reasonably priced and i'm always up for new cosmetics.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

floridanative Community Regular

What drugstore? I'm going back out today to look for safe make up. So far I found Cover Girl lipsticks at Walgreens and Neutrogena foundation at Target. Had safe mascara but still looking for lip/eye liners and powder. I have never seen or heard of Lumene but I'll try if I can find.

Guest BERNESES
What drugstore? I'm going back out today to look for safe make up. So far I found Cover Girl lipsticks at Walgreens and Neutrogena foundation at Target. Had safe mascara but still looking for lip/eye liners and powder. I have never seen or heard of Lumene but I'll try if I can find.

I saw it at CVS (East Coast- I'm in New England) Not sure where else it is sold. I'll see if I can find out. B

Thanks! There is one not far from here but with all my vain attempts to find the correct items I'm going to call them before heading down there. It's less than 5 miles from me though. You are awesome to post this!!!

Guest BERNESES

Thanks- I just thought their products looked really cool and I like to try new stuff. I'm a dork but when I wake up, I'm like "Oh right, I have a new shower gel!' but I've taken one too many chances lately and got glutened by a shampoo so this time I asked first. I'm going to go pick up some of their stuff in a few minutes so we'll have to comapre notes! Just remember no Hydra-Drop line 9that was actually my way of reminding myself as i walk out the door! :D ). B

Guest BERNESES

I bought the face mask with Arctic peat in it (oooh- feel so exotic) and used it today. I liked it. I also bought the Mattifying wash for oily/combination skin which I will try tomorrow. did you have any luck? B

jerseyangel Proficient

B--I use Bare Escentuals foundation, but don't love their mascara and their lip products are expensive considering I can't look at them before I buy. I never noticed this brand at CVS--and I'm in and out of there all the time! Going to take a look tomorrow--thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

gointribal Enthusiast

I've heard Mary Kay is good...I use to work for them but I didn't know about celiac then, its a little more money but it will last you a long time. Most of the prodocts are all natural, which is good and bad :rolleyes:

Didn't make it to CVS yet. This deglutonizing the house thing took more time that I'd thought...and we still have stuff to do. In any case, I will just call the CVS tonight or tomorrow before going. After finding about three gluten-free soups in my reg. grocery store today (Publix) I just don't want to drive all the way to CVS to be dissappointed. I have a Sephora about 20 miles from me and they have lots of gluten-free lines but they are expensive and I'd like to buy something cheap if possible. At least Cover Girl (continuous color) lipstick is safe. It's cheap and in every drug store here. Oh and I got Neutrogena foundation which is gluten-free and I love it and also their tanning creme which is wonderful and less than $10.

Guest nini
I've heard Mary Kay is good...I use to work for them but I didn't know about celiac then, its a little more money but it will last you a long time. Most of the prodocts are all natural, which is good and bad :rolleyes:

I've heard the opposite about Mary Kay so you may want to verify this before using it. I used to sell Mary Kay and I loved it, but it was practically impossible to determine the ingredients in the products.

The smell of Mary Kay always bothered me so I never used it after getting one lipstick.

I found Lumene in my CVS. It looks like a great line. All I needed was lip liners/lipsticks which I got (under $8/$9) but I also got an eye liner since I was there. At their display they have free pamplets about - one each for the color and the skin care. When my cheaper gluten-free make up runs out, I'll probably switch over to this line. It's extremely affordable and they are promoting it as being what you'd normally get in the dept. stores for a lot more $. Yea!

Special thanks to Berneses! Without you I would never have heard of this line.

Guest BERNESES

It really does look like a good line. I'm excited to try more of their stuff. I really like Bare Escentuals but it's pricey (although it does last a long time).

Archived