This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Corn Gluten

Nashville

Nashville Contributor

I got the following back after I inquired about whether Altoids are Gluten Free? Corn gluten is not a problem, correct?

Thank you for writing to inquire about ingredients used in Wrigley products.

The following is a list of U.S. Wrigley products that remain free of any wheat, oat, rye or barley gluten:

Wrigley's Spearmint® gum, Freedent® gum, Doublemint® gum, Extra® gum, Big Red® gum, Eclipse® gum, Juicy Fruit® gum, Eclipse® Flash breath strips, Winterfresh® gum, Orbit® gum, Winterfresh® Thin Ice breath strips,Orbit White gum, Lifesavers and Altoids.

If your sensitivity extends to other types of gluten, several of our brands contain corn syrup, which may have trace amounts of corn gluten in it. The amount of gluten in one stick is less than 0.2 milligrams, but if you are extremely sensitive, you may want to consult with your physician before chewing our brands

Additionally, no packaging material directly next to our product contains gluten sources. There may be instances when starches are used on the label around each individual stick of gum, but these starches are produced from corn or potatoes, not from wheat, rye, barley, oats, millet or buckwheat.

We hope this information has been helpful and thanks again for contacting the Wrigley Company.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

psawyer Proficient

Corn gluten is safe for celiacs--it is quite different from the gluten in wheat, rye and barley.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Altoids are indeed gluten free. B)

Karen

VydorScope Proficient
Altoids are indeed gluten free. B)

Karen

Oh boy! HEre we go again...

:lol::lol:;)
VydorScope Proficient
Corn gluten is safe for celiacs--it is quite different from the gluten in wheat, rye and barley.

I assum if your alergic to corn, its to be avioded? Im not, but my sis-in-law is.

psawyer Proficient

Yup, if you are allergic to corn, you should avoid corn gluten.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Actually, I should mention that you still need to check the ingredients when buying an Altoids product. I remember someone posting that there is one of their products (maybe their gum?) that contains gluten, but it states wheat in the ingredients.

I wouldn't know if it's the gum or not, I have no need for their gum....... B)

Karen

ianm Apprentice
I wouldn't know if it's the gum or not, I have no need for their gum....... B)

Karen

Sounds like a challenge to me. ;):lol:

Nope, I am trying to become a woman of virtue again, after being a fallen woman..... :lol:;)

Sounds boring, eh? <_<

Karen

Wow! I can't believe I haven't gotten any "it's a lost cause" posts!! :lol:;)

Karen

Lisa Mentor
Nope, I am trying to become a woman of virtue again, after being a fallen woman..... :lol:;)

Sounds boring, eh? <_<

Karen

I'll second on the boring. :(

VydorScope Proficient
Wow! I can't believe I haven't gotten any "it's a lost cause" posts!! :lol:;)

Karen

Well.... I dont see altiods (even in your usage) as interfering with your virtue. :D

Archived