Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

celiacuser12345

Born And Raised... First Post....

Hello and Welcome!!!

I am the "friend with tics" from jnifred. I do find that my tics or twiches are worse when I have eaten gluten. It is in my left temple and now starting to affect my left eye. I thought I was going nuts when it first started happening. My doctor couldn't answer me. I am not sure that it is visible to the eye, but I do know when people put their finger on my temple, they freak out!! It is a little gross to most.

Anyway, it mostly happens only when I have gluten. This is not an immediate response. It happens usually the next day and lasts up to a week each time. I agree, cut the gluten out completely and see if that helps.

Good luck!!

Angi

Milw/Madison, Wisconsin

Diagnosed 12-2003 positive biopsy confirmed w/bloodwork

gluten-free from 5-2004

Join eNewsletter

Hey, welcome. Warning when you talk to Lisa's, specify which one ;) There are many of us :P

I'm still waiting to have that always positive/smiley feeling, but its so nice to see there are some Celiac's out there who do! Then again, you've always had Celiac (and I've only had it for 3 years). I'm 21 too, so we probably deal with a lot of the same feelings/issues..

I havent 'cheated' in a while, but I know that feeling of every once in a while having to give in. I know 99% of people with Celiac disagree, but sometimes its too much. And I'd rather have pains for a few days then have a panic attack.

If you ever need anyone to talk to about anything, just email me (you can find my email in my profile :P ), I'm always willing to make new friends! And havent found many around my age lol ..

~lisa~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter