Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
2 2
GeneRoseJ

Does anyone else experience this?

Rate this topic

I have had this skin problem since I was 8 and diagnosed with the disease at 12. I have battled this problem for years. I can have it under control but it seems to break out anytime I have a bite on irritation from a necklace. For example a cheap necklace caused a reaction for the rash to break out on my check and around my ears farther than where the necklace had sat. I’m wondering if these rashes I get over the initial thing that triggered an itch could be Dermatitis herpetiformis or if I should further get my skin investigated. Just here to hear other experiences and stories. Thank you. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This sounds more like a metal allergy, and cheap necklaces from China can have toxic metal coatings on them. Try searching it on the Internet and you will see that this is illegal, but many still make it to the USA. If it is just the necklace that caused it then it can't be gluten-related. 

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com