Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
4 4
LisaTiants

Biopsy results waiting

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I should think you should have the results within two weeks. Can you check your own test and lab results via computer in your healthcare system? 

Not sure how your healthcare operates where you live but here in the USA it doesn't matter where the procedure is done it will still go into your medical record which is accessible to the patient online through the healthcare group you are a part of. The healthcare group provides the patient members with access to their records through a software portal. But in Canada your healthcare is totally socialized so it may not work the same.

Edited by trents

It would be worth sending an email, or calling your doctor to see if you can get the results sooner, especially if you are suffering on a gluten-free diet. It sounds like all your celiac screening is now completed (I assume you had a blood test before your biopsy), and if so, you should be able to go gluten-free, but I'd let you doctor know beforehand. 

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com