Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

horselover

Please Help!

Hi, I am new here but I have alot of questions. First of all I was dignosed with celiac about 2 months ago, once I went off gluten all of my symtoms stoped in 2 days. But now I have a problem all of my symtoms seem to be coming back, I have not changed anything I am extremly gluten free, I have all my meals made at a place called gluten free meals and that is all I eat. I don't know if I developed a new allergy or what is going on but I do not feel well and haven't for 2 weeks. Can anyone help????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest nini

have you checked your medications and personal care products? things like shampoos, lotions, even makeup all have to be gluten-free

also, many newly dx'ed celiacs have a problem with dairy initially. You may need to eliminate dairy for a while until your system begins to heal.

I have a newbie survival kit that I can e-mail to you if you want it... just e-mail me at nisla@comcast.net and in the subject put "request newbie survival kit"

jumping on this question thing....what is whey flour and can we eat it? I guess I don't understand what it is and it's not listed as something we can't eat.

OH and found my first box that said GLUTEN free...Wal-mart Brand mashed potato flakes! :lol:

jumping on this question thing....what is whey flour and can we eat it? I guess I don't understand what it is and it's not listed as something we can't eat.

OH and found my first box that said GLUTEN free...Wal-mart Brand mashed potato flakes! :lol:

I just found some of WalMart brand stuff that said gluten free on it too and you should have seen me! I just about embarrassed myself! I was sooo happy! People started looking at me funny when I yelled out "LOOK IT SAYS GLUTEN FREE!!!!!! I CAN EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol: I made myself laugh at that one! LOL. One question I have too is how do you know when shampoos, lotions, etc have gluten? I don't know what ingredients are gluten infested. Do you know how I can find out without calling all the manufacturers?

Don't worry I get all excited and bounce around and dance when I see things are gluten-free.

I just realized something, it was horselover's name. I will never be able to kiss horses velvety lips again.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

horselover,

This also happened to me. Felt great and that felt bad. I think what happens is that we get more sensitive to VERY tiny amounts of gluten and at first our bodies are just happy to be rid of the majority of it. Just go over what you are eating and be sure that nothing is being contaminated by gluten. Also check your lipsticks and if you are touching any gluten throughout the day. Also what you drink, etc. Hopes this helps. Also like someone said it could be dairy, but usually as you heal for six months or so you can reintroduce it to your diet. Hope you start feeling better.

Monica

I just found some of WalMart brand stuff that said gluten free on it too and you should have seen me! I just about embarrassed myself! I was sooo happy! People started looking at me funny when I yelled out "LOOK IT SAYS GLUTEN FREE!!!!!! I CAN EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!" :lol: I made myself laugh at that one! LOL. One question I have too is how do you know when shampoos, lotions, etc have gluten? I don't know what ingredients are gluten infested. Do you know how I can find out without calling all the manufacturers?

Call the manufacturers. Garnier Fructis is ok. Unilever (Suave, salon selctives, dove....) will list things, but some don't. Garnier sent me a list of chemical agents that can have gluten in them and most of them don't look glutenous. Softsoap, lubriderm, and baby magic are ok. My daughter had severe reactions to a curel lotion I was using. You can also get the Delphi list. It has a lot of saft stuff on there. If you don't, PM me and I'll try to find my electronic copy. Someone here was kind enought to send it to me.

horselover - I thought I was doing so good on the diet at first and then I started learning more and found htings I was eating had gluten in them. I takes a while to get it down pat. I don't know if this is happening to you, but it did to me. What kind of horses are you into? My dad used to train show horses, saddlebreds mostly. I miss them so much! My last horse passed 3 years ago.

If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.

Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)

Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork

Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06

Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05

"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28