This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Georgia Restaurants

annabell1320

annabell1320 Newbie

Hi! I'm 21 years old and I have just found out that I have celiac disease. I've been researching a lot on it b/c I have never heard of it. Gluten is in all of my favorite foods, but what I was wondering is if anyone knows any restaurants in Georgia, maybe around the Atlanta area, that are gluten free or have gluten free menu items. Thanks a lot for the help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

There are a few mainstream ones. I'll have to think about more tomorrow and reply back. I am 20 and live just outside Atlanta and go into the city often.

happygirl Collaborator

In Atlanta, and elsewhere, PF Chang's offers a gluten free menu. I have been to the one in ATL and it is great. You can go to their website and the list which items on their menu are gluten free.

Also, Outback Steakhouse, Carraba's, and Bonefish Grill (all owned by the same company) offer a gluten free menu as well. They list it on their websites.

Hope that this is a start! (I was diagnosed while I lived in Auburn, AL so I was up to ATL fairly often). I'm sure others who live there can tell you about local eateries though! And make sure to check out Whole Foods-they have many gluten free foods! They carry Tinkyada pasta which is my favorite!

Welcome to the world of gluten free :)

Guest nini

Maggiano's has gluten free pasta and can prepare a lovely gluten-free meal for you... Call before you go in case they need to order the pasta, and when you are there ask to speak to the chef...

Shakespeare Tavern downtown is a dinner theater that is Celiac friendly... One of the chef's has a friend with Celiac and is very accomodating. Also, just call or e-mail the chef before you go... (I can't think clearly this morning, but they do have a web site)...

there is a Chinese Restaurant in East Cobb (I can find out the name if you are interested) that can prepare a gluten-free meal... we had one of our support group meetings there and it was amazing!

Life Grocery in Marietta has a cafe called Cafe Life that is right next to the store, many of their menu items are gluten-free... and they can easily tell you which ones. This is vegan fare and quite delicious.

I know there are a lot more, but I can't think right now. Just woke up a lil bit ago.

floridanative Community Regular

Do a google search with meetup.com/celiac and you should hit a group in Atlanta that gets together once a month to eat out around town gluten free. Their next dinner is in two this Thurs. I can't attend this month but there is no fee to join the group. If you decide to attend a dinner, you pay the meeting facilitator $2 and pay for your own meal. Finding this group was like a lifesaver for me since I learned that my life of eating out is not over. I learned from one dinner about two places to buy lots of yummy gluten-free foods and never to eat at Ted's Montanna Grill.

Also, Aqua Terra Bistro in downtown Buford GA has lots of naturally gluten free meals but it's a pricey place. The bartender is the chef's wife and she has Celiac and can tell you what you can order safely. Don't go on a Friday or Sat. night as they don't take reservations so if you don't get there at 6 you'll wait two hours to be seated. It is very good!

Maggianno's pasta (nini mentioned) is to die for good but as she stated, you have to call ahead and order it as it's not always on site. Tell your server to send the chef out so he can tell you what is safe. Maggiano's was my best gluten free dining experience to date. If you were never a picky orderer before, learn to be so now. Otherwise, you may as well stay home because if you don't tell the kitchen what you need to eat safely, you will surely get sick. Good luck!

Archived