This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Safe removal of amalgams..

Deamalgamation, i.e., the careful and judicious removal of dental mercury-silver amalgams by a specially-trained, dental physician and their replacement with hypoallergenic, non-metallic, composite, dental fillings, is, therefore, the single, most important step that an individual possessing mercury amalgams may take.

The removal of dental mercury amalgam is a step-wise process. It involves the determination of the electroconductivity of the fillings, which are removed from most to least electrically charged. This serves to diminish daily, chronic sublimation of mercury into the body tissues between dental appointments.

In order to protect the patient from acute toxic exposure to mercury vapors, a nasal mask to deliver fresh air, high speed drill with high intensity, cold water spray, two or more high vacuum suction cannulas to remove drill waste and vapors, frequent cleansing of the oral pockets by the dentist's gloved finger and gauze pad and frequent rin sing of the mouth with water should be employed.

Some dentists may recommend concomitant I.V. Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) during the deamalgamation procedure to help chelate liberated mercury. Your dentist may also recommend that special laboratory testing be performed, prior to the selection of the non-mercury composite dental fillings to be used, e.g., the Clifford Materials Reactivity Test, etc.

***Very important****

I got sick from unsafe removals!! :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
covsooze Enthusiast

Hello everyone! :) Here's my update.

I spoke to a different lady at Foresight at the end of last week and she said the nicotinamide (a B vitamin, I never remember which :rolleyes: ) is probably disturbing my sleep, so to take it in the morning. She also said I can take the vit c and garlic throughout the day, to see if I can stomach it better. Unfortunately, DS and DH have both had a virus, so have disturbed my sleep anyway, so I can't tell if my sleep's going to improve yet. Also, I've had the virus very mildly and that's caused me to have stomach pains, so can't tell yet if I'm going to be able to keep taking the supplements (I've come off them whilst my stomach heals). Whatever's happening, and despite the fact that I've not exactly been on track with my diet (think chocolate, yes even though my stomach's been bad :ph34r: I'm my own worst enemy :rolleyes: ), my energy levels have actually been better than they have in ages. Yesterday, we walked to town and back, which would have exhausted me a few weeks ago, but when we got back, I pruned the bushes in our garden and mowed the lawn :o Even DH said yesterday that maybe the supplements are doing me some good!

On another issue, a few weeks ago you may recall I had loads of blood tests re the miscarriages. Well, my free protein s came back low, so had to be retested. I see the consultant on 9 Nov, but in the meantime have done my own research. Free protein s deficiency can cause recurrent miscarriage and thrombosis :o:o It can be inherited, or acquired as a result of vitamin K deficiency (hmm...) or be associated with stuff like lupus. Not sure yet how to get my head around this one. 9 Nov seems to long away..

The last 3 nights, I've woken in the night with an irregular heart beat, which has been very unpleasant to say the least. DH coughing next to me sems to make it worse. Not sure what that's about.

SO that's me.

Thinking of Patti especially with your move this w/e

Susie x

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Testing

Mercury and other toxic heavy metals are primarily measured in hair, blood cells and urine samples. Simply put, hair analysis is a useful screening tool but does not provide information about the actual amount of mercury in the body.

Red blood cell analysis gives somewhat more information about tissue levels, but misses mercury bound in brain, bone and fatty tissues.

By far, the most accurate, practical, clinical measurement of the relative total body burden of mercury is obtained through a provocative, 24-hour elemental urine analysis.

In this procedure, a dose of DMSA and glycine is taken the evening before beginning the urine test, thereby extracting mercury and other toxic heavy metals from their hiding places deep in the tissues, which is then collected in the urine, thus giving a more accurate measure of total body burden. It is advisable to discuss with your doctor which test is most appropriate for you.

covsooze Enthusiast

for those who take magnesium, what time of day do you take it?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I take it "whenever". Yeah..not very helpful, I know. :rolleyes:

I usually take it before I eat lunch and dinner.

AndreaB Contributor
Yesterday I had some burning on my skin (shoulders, arms, face, mouth).....its a pretty good indicator that there was some redistribution. I think its to be expected since I'm just starting to deal with the metals...I just made sure to take charcoal, glutathione and porphyrazyme...ate lots of protein and drank lots of water. It got better. :)

To me it was confirmation that my metal load is really high but we'll see what the test says. I'm so anxious about it!!

I can't wait for your test results to come back......I can just imagine how you are with waiting. :)

Yep, maybe you should have more of that salsa. Course, as you said, you may have been having a real good stretch at that time.

Rachel,

Do you have a problem with legumes? I know Andrea is free of them.

Andrea,

What happens when you have legumes?

We are planning on adding them back in, minus the soy. We did ok with the red beans in chili a few weeks ago. Going to try lentils which isn't on anyone's list anymore. The beans that came up on our testing in September were kidney, black, garbanzo, lima, pinto. I think that was it. We just finished our ASYRA remedy drops (today is last day for me and Talitha) and that is supposed to help with the food sensitivities as well.....we'll find out. I'd be trying the black beans and garbanzo first probably.

AndreaB Contributor
Elemental mercury vapor exposure may result in the following symptoms:

short- and long-term memory loss; poor concentration; irritability; fits of anger; depression; allergies; joint pains; tinnitus or noises in ears; hearing loss;

These seem to be my main things.....not sure about the memory loss.

Hello everyone! :) Here's my update.

Sounds like you're making progress, being sick aside. :)

That's great that you had so much energy! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

A note about candida...

Also patients with systemic candida albicans should be treated after the mercury is removed. A symbiotic relationship exists between mercury and candida. The yeast actually benefits the body by absorbing the mercury. Any attempt to resolve the yeast problem first will cause the mercury to be reabsorbed back into the body and exacerbate mercury related symptoms

This is very true but I think theres still some room for treatment during the process of detoxing mercury. As long as its not too aggresive. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
These seem to be my main things.....not sure about the memory loss.

Andrea....did you forget whether or not you have memory loss?? :lol:

OMG....only 3 more "pink" days left!! :o

I gotta figure out a way to still feel bright and cheery without having pink. :unsure:

Can you believe this is coming from the girl who wanted NOTHING to do with pink....EVER! :blink:

Now I'm in mourning for it. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I can't wait for your test results to come back......I can just imagine how you are with waiting. :)

I'm pretty stressed out about it. I wasnt supplementing the minerals very much....plus I didnt have the Vit. C with my my IV. Those things (especially the minerals) can really help the body to let go of the metals.

If I dont have a good supply of minerals the results will be lower because the body does better with toxic metals than with nothing at all. It wont let go of the metals.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Andrea,

These are the symptoms I've had over the past 5 years...

short- and long-term memory loss; poor concentration; intellectual decline; irritability; fits of anger; depression; anxiety or nervousness; shyness or timidity; loss of self-confidence; drowsiness; excessive salivation; halitosis or foul breath; metallic taste in the mouth;

burning sensation in mouth and throat; abdominal cramps; constipation or diarrhea; feeble and irregular pulse;

chest pain or pressure; shallow and irregular breathing; sinusitis; allergies; swollen glands, especially in the neck; subnormal body temperature; excessive perspiration; cold, clammy skin, especially of the hands and feet;

joint pains; muscle weakness; fatigue; weight loss; anorexia or loss of appetite; hypoxia (poor oxygenation of tissues); chronic or frequent headaches; dizziness, tinnitus or noises in ears; dim or double vision; fine tremors of the hands, feet, eyelids, lips and tongue; parasthesias or abnormal, unpleasant sensations;

I guess I had alot of them. :huh:

I'm alot better now though. :)

The ones in the first group were pretty severe ...except the bad breath (I hope :unsure: )

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I think I might have to go to Chocoholics Anonymous. :blink:

H-E-L-P

CarlaB Enthusiast

I take my last round of supplements about 9PM and take the magnesium then. I take the iron with the morning supplements. Iron and mag should not be taken together.

AndreaB Contributor
Andrea....did you forget whether or not you have memory loss?? :lol:

:lol:

I'm getting forgetful or something like that at times. Just this last week I put on broccoli in a steamer and didn't put water in the pan. :o I've also turned on the wrong burner......one time it was a 1/2 hour, when I went to check the meat, that I realized I had the wrong burner on.

Andrea,

These are the symptoms I've had over the past 5 years...

That's a lot! :o

I have drowsiness, but that's mostly a problem when I'm driving. Another reason Mitch thought it'd be nice if you flew into Portland, so you could help drive and keep me awake by having someone to talk to. :) That'd make for a terribly long day for you though, so Seatac would be best 'when' you come up here. I'm still very hopeful that you will be coming up. :D

I think I might have to go to Chocoholics Anonymous. :blink:

H-E-L-P

Chocolate is very addicting. Probably would have been better if you'd never had any......would telling yourself it's full of lead make a difference. You don't need more metals........just gotta talk your brain into believing that.

confusedks Enthusiast

Rachel,

Thank you for posting all the info about metals! I am starting to get convinced that I have metal toxicity as well as Lyme. I have A LOT of those symptoms n top of Lyme! :( Do LLMD's help with that also?

I am going to call a lady who has a list of good LLMD's in CA that are on the board (can't remember what it's called). She runs the southern CA support group. Hopefully I can get in soon! Does anyone know if any insurances cover anything that LLMD's do? Our insurance is pretty sucky, but they may cover some things. Also, so I was and still kind of am worried about not using any abx with treatment, BUT apparently when I was little and reacted to abx. my Ped. told my mom that I would be able to tolerate IV abx! That's really good because if I need to, I will be able to get some abx in my body to help with Lyme!!!!! I am very happy about that.

Also, I found a GREAT egg white protein powder that is amazing! It actually keeps me full for more than 30 minutes. It is literally JUST egg whites into powder! YAY! I can actually tolerate it fairly well. It is really interesting because ever since I have started eating protein with no starch, I have had TERRIBLE diarrhea. I think before eating them together made stuff "stick" together so I could actually "hold" onto things. We will call the Dr. tomorrow to see what he wants me to do.

What are your guys' opinions on liver? Quite a few people in other forums have said they wouldn't eat the liver...but at the same time, I am so worried I am going to get too anemic. I haven't eaten it yet because it is SO GROSS to me, but I don't want to die of anemia. LOL! :blink:

Kassandra

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, I cannot even swallow liver ... I can do nothing to disguise it ... I have no suggestions on how to consume it because I can't, not even to be polite!

My LLMD is the one who had me chelating metals ... most of them do it all as it's usually not just one thing making us sick. Most of them are thorough. It was also my LLMD who treated me for bacterial dysbiosis.

Good news on the IV abx!

I saw your posts on LN. :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Carla,

i don't know what to do about the liver either! The last time I had it I had it with rye bread (LOL!) AND cheese!!!! I was able to at least pretend I wasn't eating chopped liver, but now I ca't hide the flavor with anything! I don't know what to do. I feel like my mom is going to kill me if I don't eat it. But I totally can't even stand the smell! I am lately so sensitive to smells..my bro microwaved pizza and I wanted to puke! I was so sick to my stomach...I can't even imagine liver!!! YUCK!!! ;)

Kassandra

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Carla,

I am so glad to hear Chloe is herxing! She is making progress! Your girl will be well before you know it! :) I know how fun it is to have headaches all of the time. Maybe that will improve soon for Chloe.

The oil of oregano probably would help my whole situation. Any relief is welcome! Small improvements are better than none. I probably will have to get the enteric-coated, since my stomach is so sensitive. I am not sure I should chance the liquid. I read that myrrh is good for that type of thing, and you can use it for mouthwash diluted in water.

Thank you for reposting the fudge recipe! I wanted to make sure I had it on here! I saved it in a Word doc, but it never hurts to have a spare! Adele's might have the agave syrup and cacao nibs. I can call tomorrow.

That smoothie sure sounds delicious! I can see why Adam might actually be jealous of you having them! I cannot tolerate whey protein, because it has lactose. :( I want to start doing The Zone again, but do not know of a protein powder I can use. I can have soy, but need to be careful not to overdo it, due to the high estrogen content.

I did not know magnesium and iron should not be taken together! Well, I know now! I cannot take the iron supplements anyway. They make me queasy and give me D, plus leave a bad taste in my mouth. Most people in my family react badly to iron supplements.

Dear Rachel,

Do not feel bad about posting about the oxalates on here! I think I have chocolate brain as well! :lol: All of us have our moments. I have quite a few since overdoing the chocolate. I need rehab for chocolate, too!

I am so glad to hear your IV went well Friday! We all were nervous for you. I think it is smart that they are giving the chelator in small doses and building up. Overwhelming the system never is a good move. I do not know what the deal is with the Vitamin C, but the oxalates may be the trouble.

Thank you for the information on ALA and LA. I did not realize there were two! I never even thought about plain old lipoic acid! Now that I know the difference between them, it helps! You can always learn something new in Rachelville! ;)

Maybe you will hear from Andreanna soon. Hopefully, you can get an appointment with her as well. She seems to really be good at what she does. There are so many things she is knowledgeable in! Finding someone with that amount of expertise is rare.

If you can find out more on the natural antihistamine they used at your IV appointment, let us know. That is interesting.

Allergic reactions are hard to deal with. We all know what that is like. It is never fun.

Is your big orange jug test going well? I hope so. Those are probably just a ton of fun! Can you imagine trying to explain to a guest that is not orange juice and why they should not drink it? :lol: People would get freaked when you tell them what it is.

Dart is doing pretty well. He is as dumb as homemade poo, but that is nothing new. :rolleyes: Dart is already back to trying to eat my hair and everything else off of the floor. Apparently, he learned nothing from this. On the bright side, it gives me a good reason to get a makeover. Dad can argue we cannot afford it, but we really cannot afford not to. The hairball surgery cost us $412.16! Thank you for asking about my silly little dog!

Why do your pink days have to be over? I love pink, too! I think your pink days can stay around a bit longer! I am all happy because we just got a new mini-vac that is pink! Plus, it has a HEPA filter, is lightweight, has attachments, and was only $22!

Thank you for the information on Candida and metals. I have almost all of those symptoms! I am worried that I have metals, and the Candida will not go away if I take herbs and do the dietary changes. It is so frustrating! I suppose I can try and see how I do, but I am doing things gradually for both detox and the Candida so that my body does not become overwhelmed.

Dear Julie,

I agree that Celiacs should never eat gluten again. There is no good reason to do it. People who are gluten intolerant may be able to add it back again later. Unfortunately, Celiacs must never do so. I am not even tempted with the bad reaction I have. In a way, a violent reaction is good, because it prevents you from cheating. Others with less severe reactions are likely to cheat because they do not suffer as much.

It was good to hear from Ami. She had not posted in quite a while! I figured it was due to being busy or something to do with the pregnancy. Things are looking good! Her second trimester should be better.

Dear GlutenJohn,

I wonder why I did not see your post? That was odd. Those vitamins sound great, but even a trace of gluten in any form is a no-go for me. Nature Made seems to be my best option. At least other people who are not severely gluten intolerant or Celiac might be able to have them.

I have been wondering about corn myself, lately. It is not uncommon for Celiacs to react to it. Normally, they are not at the beginning of the gluten-free diet. This usually occurs after a while being gluten-free, due to corn making up so much of the diet. Maybe I will go without it for a bit and see how it goes.

Dear jmd3,

I agree taking anything with wheatgrass is a bad idea for a Celiac. I do not tolerate even a microscopic trace of the stuff. Sublingual multivitamins are a great thing to take if you can find them. I wish there was a gluten-free one! I am not sure I am absorbing anything right now.

Dear Andrea,

Thank goodness your bladder infection is improving! Those are miserable to have. They can be very painful. Not drinking much during the day would explain why it is worse in the middle of the day. I do not drink much, especially not at once, because I will get reflux.

I need my wisdom teeth out. They may be what is causing me to feel so bad. My skull literally feels like it is being crushed. I have severe overcrowding. However, I am not sure I have a choice now. Due to the Lyme, I was afraid to get them extracted, but Dad thinks they are adding to my nausea and other problems. :unsure:

That is terrible about poor Seth! He just gets it all! At least after you stop taking the oregano oil, you will know if that was the cause of the rash. I am not sure, but you may need to take herbs longer than you would antibiotics. Herbs can take longer to get in your system and do their job.

Kassandra is a good candidate for Lyme. I am as well. We both have similar symptoms. Lyme can cause so much, it is difficult to say. LLMDs are nice to have, but here, we do not have them.

Dear Kassandra,

Well, if it makes you feel better, I never actually left. I have been sort of a ghostie lately. My eyes have to strain really bad even with my glasses sometimes. The other day, I strained so hard I thought I was having a stroke! Using the computer is hard on your eyes. I hate being myopic!

Your teachers suck! They have no business adding to your stress. If they give you trouble, complain to the principal. I have had to do that before. I was a good student, and I deserved better. You deserve better as well!

The tick bite you had qualifies you for Lyme for sure. Isn't it odd how we do not think of such things until later? I have done that, too. You begin thinking and one day it hits you all of the sudden. I just recalled an odd rash around my waist when I had been out in the woods as a teenager. For some reason, I never thought about it being related to Lyme.

I need my wisdom teeth out, too. My teeth look like a train wreck, because they are so overcrowded. My wisdom teeth are causing serious pain. With the possibility of Lyme, I am scared that getting them out is a mistake. However, the pain I am in is unbearable. I know that as long as the dentist makes sure there are no cavitations, that prevents the Lyme issues, though. How did your appointment go with the oral surgeon? I hope well. I do not see mine until December.

Low ferritin is a nasty issue. I wonder if I could have that. I am not anemic, but do know I feel better when I eat red meat. That has to do with iron. I can see why eating liver would not be appetizing. I wonder if maybe your body has trouble metabolizing ferritin? I am going to do some research on such conditions and see what I find.

It is good your doctor wants to be cautious and do an MRI. Even if you do not have a tumor, it can help identify other things. Your pituitary gland being messed up is possible. If you have Lyme, your entire endocrine system will be a mess. The adrenals, the thyroid, the reproductive system, and so much more is impacted by Borrelia.

At least you are not too close to the fires. Still, breathing in all of that smoke has got to be bad for you. You may even want to wear a mask outside. Headaches are often caused by inhaling the chemicals being released from what is burned. Some people do fine being around it, but people like us normally have bad reactions to it.

Your bilirubin being high is not good. That indicates liver issues for sure. It may be related to your thyroid. If your thyroid is slow, your cholesterol will be high. I do not know why this occurs. I think it is due to your metabolism slowing. Fats cannot be processed properly, causing lipid levels in the blood to rise.

Mono is very contagious. Having it definitely can cause issues later. If your body never fully recovered from it, that could be what the trouble is. The toxic burden on your body can trap microbes. They hide where drugs cannot get to them, and cause all kinds of problems like Lyme does. Bacteria can be quite elusive.

I have to take Promethazine for my nausea when it is unbearable. I tough it out when I can, but there are times I know I will start getting the heaves if I do not get it down fast enough. Usually, this is when I have been glutened. Nausea is difficult to deal with. Sherry said DGL (a licorice supplement) helps her. I would like to try it. Promethazine makes me terribly drowsy, so I could never work while taking it or anything like that. I am sensitive to smells, too. My mother and father both where perfumes and colognes. Just what I need!

What is the name of the eggwhite powder? That might be good to have around. I get shaky if I eat protein without carbs. I am not sure about the D, though. It could be caused by too much protein if you have a gallbladder or liver problem going on.

That is great about the IV antibiotics! If you can do those, that should help the Lyme. Many Lyme patients take them that way. The drug gets in the system faster. It can kill more bacteria that way. When your digestive system is not doing so well, taking them orally is not always very effective.

Dear Donna,

Oh no! I think I missed saying bon voyage to you! :( Well, I will write down what page this is, so you can read it when you get back. The cruise is going to be nice. I hope you get to say hello while you are there, but I know you are limited on your computer time. Don't you just hate limitations?

Your experience with ALA was scary! I am not sure I would want to try it. I have enough dark thoughts as it is. When I am feeling better, I do not have them. The times when you are suffering unmercifully are the times when you have difficulty mentally dealing with things.

Dear Mia,

I did not know plant sterols are good for Celiacs! I should check those out! Thank you for the link and information! I am going to be able to read more again after I get my glasses. I am hoping that will be Tuesday. Sometimes they make you wait a week. It depends on how bad your eyesight is.

Good luck with the lipoic acid! We are pulling for you! It might really help. The trouble with things is you do not know how well they will work until you actually try them. I always worry it will make me sicker. My system does not like much of anything.

Does glutathione bother a lot of people doing chelation? Reactions must be kind of unusual to some things. I think it varies from person to person, though. We all have different responses to things. It is to each their own!

Dear Sarah,

I know exactly what you mean. I do not have insurance, either. The two Western Blots through IgeniX are your best bet. It is under $200 for them. They are the most important tests for Lyme. Finding a doctor who can interpret them is the tough part.

Metal toxicity, Candida, and Lyme always seem to be present at once. They all help each other survive. Candida also tends to make parasites inhabit people more. When you have one, you often have the other. Parasites can hold mercury in massive amounts for their size, creating a very heavy burden on the body. Dr. Klinghardt has discussed this.

Dear Kristina,

Those baby formulas sound absolutely disgusting! I am not a picky eater, but those would not do! No wonder babies puke when they eat them! Something else I have noticed, many of them have whey. It can have lactose. Maybe that is why you got so sick from them. I do not tolerate whey protein powder.

Have you tried plain Knox gelatin for protein? It should be very gentle. One package has 7 grams of protein. That might work. I will tell you it has no flavor, but you could combine it with something you do tolerate. This is also good for arthritis.

Were you okay with the Glucerna? It sounded like you were. If you can tolerate it, go for that. Whatever works is what you should go with! My main thing is, if I eat something on consecutive days, that is when I begin to react.

Dear Patti,

I hope the move is going well. It started yesterday, right? Staying in a hotel would be kind of nice. A little refrigerator and microwave can go a long way! You do have those, I hope. Check in when you can!

I wanted to ask you this before, but did not have room. Could you tell our sweet Dingo Girl I am glad Annie is alright?

I have not gotten to go on the Silly Thread lately. Reading anything is difficult right now. Pray that they let me have my glasses on Tuesday!

Dear Ami,

I totally know how you feel! Feeling green is a good way to describe the nausea. Perfume, cologne, food, and so many other things make you sick. I have had it like that for ten years!

I cannot tell you how many times doctors asked me if I was pregnant because of it. A few years ago, a doctor asked me again. I should have said "I have been this way for seven years. Only elephants carry babies for seven years. Do I look like an elephant to you, son?"

At least your thumbs do not hurt now. That is a huge improvement! Every little thing that gets better is good. Let's face it, why be choosy? When you are horribly sick and in pain, just about anything lessening is welcomed. Mercury is known for causing things like that, so it is not surprising the chelation seemed to be what got rid of the trouble.

I am glad your son should be able to grow more. Is he Celiac? Celiacs have stunted growth a lot. I am bummed, because if I would have been diagnosed sooner, I could have been tall! At birth, they expected me to be 5'6. I had half a chance since Dad is 6'2! If only I could have been diagnosed in 2000 and the bloodwork had not been wrong!

Kids are going into puberty earlier and earlier. The statistics are becoming disturbing. Hormones are loaded into meat. No wonder everyone's bodies are so messed up! In my age group (I am 24), hormone problems began surfacing suddenly, unlike in pervious generations. This has to be the reason. People in my age group are also known to have more emotional problems than those in generations before them.

Dear Susie,

I am sorry to hear your internet was down for a few days! It is hard on me to go without the computer. Lately, limiting my time on it is hard. When I am not at the computer, I am thinking about being there. If it were not for my eyesight, I would be on here a lot more! I also would love to have a laptop so I did not have to come downstairs into the moldy basement to get on here!

Were you able to contact Foresight? The detox situation was puzzling you. Constipation is not uncommon for detoxing.

I read about that in a magazine article. However, parasites can cause it as well. Many people with Candida have parasites, because they can feed on the putrified food in the intestines.

Dear Judy,

How are you? We have not seen you lately! Maybe you and Patti could get together now that she has moved! Wouldn't that be neat? I am not sure how close she will be, but perhaps you guys could meet.

Are you still on the LOD? I have been reading about it. This really is interesting. I wonder if it and some of the other foods have something in common. Do oxalates have anything to do with alkaline/acid balance?

Dear Sherry,

What was in the Vitamin C supplement that you could not have? Or, do you not know what but know you could not tolerate it? C is hard to deal with. It makes you so terribly uncomfortable. I am glad it has improved since going on the buffered Vitamin C powder. Many people do best with that type of supplement. What is the difference between it and the regular Vitamin C supplements?

I hope you get to come to the states this winter. You could load up on some supplements and other items you need. You mentioned a phone conference with your doctor later this week. Let us know how that goes! Also, how are your antibiotics doing with you now?

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator
That's a lot! :o

I know its really shocking. :(

I had alot more than whats listed there too! Back in 2003 I wote a list of all my symptoms...its a HUGE list. :blink:

Chocolate is very addicting. Probably would have been better if you'd never had any......would telling yourself it's full of lead make a difference.

Apparantly the lead hasnt made too much of an impact on my decision to keep eating chocolate in massive amounts. :rolleyes:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel,

Thank you for posting all the info about metals! I am starting to get convinced that I have metal toxicity as well as Lyme. I have A LOT of those symptoms n top of Lyme! :( Do LLMD's help with that also?

I currently see 3 LLMD's and they all treat heavy metal toxicity.

2 of them are MD's and one is a Naturopath. I'm not covered for the ND (I only get $500 a year). When I see the MD's I'm covered 50% for office visits and testing. Supplements come out of my pocket....I'm not sure about my IV's yet.

What are your guys' opinions on liver?

I would totally pass on the liver. GROSS!! <insert green guy emoticon here>

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Dart is doing pretty well. He is as dumb as homemade poo, but that is nothing new. :rolleyes: Dart is already back to trying to eat my hair and everything else off of the floor. Apparently, he learned nothing from this.

ROFL... :lol::lol:

Glad he's doing well. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

That symptom list was as long as mine is now! I hate having so much wrong. People think you are a lunatic when you have all of it wrong, but what can you do? Everyone who is not sick or has never been that sick is so judgmental. One thing is for sure, I know there are numerous things going on, not just one specific thing.

I am not surprised you have to pay out of pocket for the ND. Insurance never covers those physicians. Insurance barely covers regular ones! Blue Cross Blue Shield is the worst.

A friend of mine had it, and my parents later did.

They will dispute the simplest claim to get out of paying at all. There is an insurance company I saw that does cover alternative medicine, but I cannot remember what they were called. It has been a long time since I have been to their site. I was shocked anyone covered alternative treatments. So many blatantly refuse to pay on such things, or worse, make you join a network that limits your options.

My judgment has been impaired by chocolate. I do not have a clue sometimes. It could be the lead, but who knows? Maybe I am just out of it anyway! If so, I might as well be out of it and very happy about it!

I second the green pukey face emoticon for the liver! I cannot stand that stuff, either! Iron in supplements irritates my system. I heard blackstrap molasses is rich in iron. I do not like molasses, but it is better than liver.

I am happy to say the dog is doing pretty good. He gets his stitches out on Halloween. I will let you know how he does. The hairball may have been causing his seizures, too! However, the vet still thinks he might have a shunt (abnormality) in his liver, and wants us to keep him on the special food he eats.

Sincerely,

Jin

AndreaB Contributor

What are your guys' opinions on liver? Quite a few people in other forums have said they wouldn't eat the liver...but at the same time, I am so worried I am going to get too anemic. I haven't eaten it yet because it is SO GROSS to me, but I don't want to die of anemia. LOL! :blink:

I wouldn't be surprised if you had some problems with metals as well as lyme. :(

As far as liver.........I don't think you could ever get me to eat it. I always shut myself in my room when my parents had it. I never had to have it which was really good, because I would have gone hungry. YUCK!!!!

I feel like my mom is going to kill me if I don't eat it. But I totally can't even stand the smell! I am lately so sensitive to smells..my bro microwaved pizza and I wanted to puke! I was so sick to my stomach...I can't even imagine liver!!! YUCK!!! ;)

I wouldn't be able to stomach it, and I can't stand the smell of it! Probably not real cheap either, as far as your mom is concerned. :(

I would totally pass on the liver. GROSS!! <insert green guy emoticon here>

I totally agree!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

My parents never at liver, that is for sure. I think my father has eaten it before. My mother is very picky, so she would not ever eat it. For her, that is like being on Fear Factor!

In fact, eating anything health is like being on Fear Factor for her!

Sincerely,

Jin

Ridgewalker Contributor

Kassandra

Kassandra,

:( I know, liver is gross. When I was in college, I had to do an at-home experiment with chicken livers for a biology class. I accidentally exploded the livers in my microwave. :o If I hadn't been a broke student, I would've chucked the microwave- as it was I scoured it. :lol:

But if your anemia is that severe, I think it's worth giving it a try. It'll probably only be temporary!

Try to think of the strongest tasting foods you can tolerate. I know your stomach is sensitive, but if the liver helps your anemia, then it might be worth it if it gives you a little indigestion or diarrhea. If it causes something worse than that, then I guess you'd have to make a judgement call!

* Like curry? Maybe mixing it into a chicken curry.

* Or chop it up and mix it with ground beef and/or sausage- then use the mixture in a good meatball recipe and add to spaghetti sauce.

* Chop it up and add to ground beef, cook with taco seasonings- eat on a corn tortilla with salsa.

Try those at dinner time for a few days, and see how it goes. If you want to try something in the morning, try chopping it up and mixing it in with breakfast sausage, and form it into patties. Fry a couple to have with a piece of gluten-free toast or something.

I hope this helps, and I'll keep thinking. I'll ask my mother-in-law. I live in NC, and liver is eaten commonly over here.

Archived