• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Annie/NM

Leg Cramps

Rate this topic

Didn't I read some where that it can be a symptom of Celiac's? My little guy woke up from his nap at pre school screaming out in pain and refusing to walk. They rubbed it for like 15 minutes before he would move. Are there any suggestions to help out with the pain?

Poor little guy :(

I was glutened today, and I had the worst leg cramps ever. This was my first experience with anything like that happening as a result of consuming gluten. Rubbing and massaging my legs helped the best, and I really don't know that anything else would have helped. Hopefully someone else on here will have a pain remedy, because I could use on as well.

I feel so bad for your little boy, because here I am, almost 21 years old, and I could barely stand the pain. I can't imagine what it must be like for a preschooler :(

Danielle

I'm definitely glutened today and am having horrible trouble with my toes keeping on turnng up the wrong way. It's really painful.

OMG--Matilda, this is what happens to me--I've never heard anyone describe it so perfectly! I also find that when I stretch, my calf muscles lock up, and I have to stand up immediately with all of my weight on the leg or it goes into a full on cramp.

my 2 year old does the same thing at night. she is in so much pain. I give her motrin, and rub her legs. some times I will put lavender oil on them, it seems to calm her until she falls asleep. I have never had them so I don't know how they feel I just know that she is in pain.

This happened to me all the time as a child and even until I went gluten free 4 months ago. This was one of my daughter's main symptoms as well. And if she gets glutened this is how I tell. I ususally rub her legs and give her motrin or tylenol. So sorry for your little guy!