• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

RoseNNJ

Gi Appointment Update

Rate this topic

Okay, this guy never impressed me from the start. I went back for follow-up since I had the H Pylori. So he comes in looks at my chart and says, there is no possible way you have Celiac. He repeated everything he said last time. Biopsy was normal, Blood work was normal. ( my pcp said both my blood tests were positive) I said I have not been eating gluten anyway, and I feel better. Then he tries to tell me about Celiac. I seem to know more than he does. I just let him talk. I told him I had the catscan & ultrasound done from my other doctor, so he goes to get the results. Says to me, other than a few gyno problems, Endometriosis which is a new one to me! everything is fine. WTF is he reading? I have a hital herina and diverticulitis. He wanted me to go for a stool test. Then come back and we will see which medication will make you feel better. As soon as he left the room, I walked out. Needless to say, I will not be going back to this dude.

Guest nini

why do they have to be so arrogant and condescending? it's like they think that patients can't possibly know anything, oh and what is the big deal about acknowledging that the gluten-free diet is helping someone instead of totally dismissing them and trying to run MORE tests and prescribe meds???

Okay, this guy never impressed me from the start. I went back for follow-up since I had the H Pylori. So he comes in looks at my chart and says, there is no possible way you have Celiac. He repeated everything he said last time. Biopsy was normal, Blood work was normal. ( my pcp said both my blood tests were positive) I said I have not been eating gluten anyway, and I feel better. Then he tries to tell me about Celiac. I seem to know more than he does. I just let him talk. I told him I had the catscan & ultrasound done from my other doctor, so he goes to get the results. Says to me, other than a few gyno problems, Endometriosis which is a new one to me! everything is fine. WTF is he reading? I have a hital herina and diverticulitis. He wanted me to go for a stool test. Then come back and we will see which medication will make you feel better. As soon as he left the room, I walked out. Needless to say, I will not be going back to this dude.

You did the right thing. You know gluten is causing a problem you don't need this jerk to verify it. As long as the H. Pylori is gone do you really need him? Also if you are having tummy troubles again since the antibiotics you may want to try eating a lot of yougert (if you can tolerate dairy) gluten-free of course or a short course of probiotics to get your intestinal flora back in balance. The strong antibiotics can kill off the good GI bacteria as well as the HP. We always try to increase yogert consumption before during and after an antibiotic and it seems to help prevent this for my family.

I agree with everyone above. For whatever reason, many docs are just arrogant and don't want a patient telling them something they don't know. Makes them feel insecure I guess. Anyway, keep looking for a good doc to follow up with - if that is you pcp that's fine. As long as you know the doc will do any tests you feel you need. My pcp didn't know anything about Celiac or follow up care but I made her do all the tests Dr. Green said were important. Good luck and know that unfortunately you are not alone in not having a good GI experience.