• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Sis

Hypothyroid Again

Rate this topic

Just got my lab tests back today and my TSH is 24.00. Hypothyroid again and increasing Levoxyl to 175 mcg, UGH!!!!

Guess that explains my extreme fatigue even with being gluten-free for almost 6 months!

Sis

Just got my lab tests back today and my TSH is 24.00. Hypothyroid again and increasing Levoxyl to 175 mcg, UGH!!!!

Guess that explains my extreme fatigue even with being gluten-free for almost 6 months!

Sis

Hopefully once they get the thyroid leveled correctly your fatigue will lift. Feel better soon.

((((((((hugs))))))

I was dx with Graves disease several years before the celiac and had RAI to kill the thyroid and so now I am Hypothyroid and it has been so hard to keep my levels maintained.

Sis

Sis

Hi Sis,

Thanks for your earlier response about whether Levoxyl contains gluten.

Just found out from my Doc. that my Thyroid works fine. However, it is enlarged again.

(I' ve got Hashimoto.)

I cannot find out why I am so tired. Also got hit by a bad case of depression, which I usually do not have.

Got off gluten about 2 months ago and did not cheat on my diet since then.

Also, experiencing muscle weakness. Any ideas what else it could be? I am actually feeling worse than when I was on Gluten.

I'm hoping you guys will know the answer to this...I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a couple of months ago, and am taking eltroxin. Can you explain the TSH numbers to me? Normal is between 0.5 and 4 (?)...I'm not even sure if I'm remembering that correctly.