• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

SurreyGirl

Blood Group And Agglutination

Rate this topic

Hi all

I think I am beginning to understand what's going on when we eat those food that cause sensitivities.

Could it be that there is a further blood group connection? I am AB and don't suffer obvious symptoms, but my son (DQ1) has group O and gluten sensitive. He also has a natural dislike of the foods that happen to have most checks in the table..? (This is not just about blood group diet, although I think there is some relevance.)

The interesting thing is that O appears to have most sensitivities and it's termed as most reactive, clearly not only when it comes to transfusions (agglutination on contact with other blood types), but also in contact with typical allergen foods. It looks to me that those immune complexes caused by increased level of agglutination could well lead to the many symptoms seen in reactions to allergen foods.

I would be interested to see whether others with group O suffer from symptoms that are severe or quite extreme?

http://www.owenfoundation.com/Health_Scien...s_in_Foods.html

No study has found a connection between celiac and blood type. Blood types appear at the same rate in celiacs as in the general population according to the studies I have seen.