• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Gwendolene

Do Any Of You Make A gluten-free Malaysian Curry Puff?

Rate this topic

If you like curry, here is the lazy girl's solution to some good chicken:

Get Patek's Vindaloo Curry Paste - Indian groceries. Put a dollup of it on some chicken breast tenders in a bowl - you can thin the paste with a little chicken broth if you like. MICROWAVE - seriously - for about two minutes, then stir, then another two minutes or so. Serve over brown rice and garnish with chopped red onioins and cashews, a squirt of lime, and some Patek gluten-free Major Grey chutney. Add some sauteed veggies - -YUM! I eat this all the time - easy and flavorful. Was SO excited to find out that it's gluten free!! :rolleyes:

Can you use Vietnamese rice paper wrappers (for spring rolls) instead of the flour-and-water pastry dough?

I thought of that too, but I just don't think it would be thick enough to hold such heavy ingredients (chicken & potatoes).

You could just substitute gluten-free flour, with plenty of xanthan gum, for the flour in the dough recipe. I make pie crust and pot pie dough and meat pies fairly often and they turn out great. I'm sure they'd work deep fried too.