• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Guest Floridian

New To All This!

Rate this topic

Welcome!

Feel free to ask lots of questions, and you'll find lots of useful information buried in our myriad posts.

Make sure that you've elminated all sources of gluten, including the tricky to find ones (like soy sauce, modified food starch, and so on), all sources of cross contamination (like shared collandars, cutting boards, and toasters), and all incidental exposures (like makeup, lotions, soaps, etc.).

Here's hoping you continue to feel better! :-)

welcome

you will learn more from this group than any doctor can tell you.just be careful not to get glutened. when I first started I licked an envelope and had a communion wafer so I learned pretty fast after that... I think its the dumb things that gets us --- like the envelope!!!!

mamaw

Good luck with all of this. Just keep in mind that it takes a good 3 months for gluten to leave your body, so you'll still feel 'weird' for a while. I've been gluten-free for 8 months now, and it's been the hardest thing I've ever had to maintain.

Hi

I know it seems crazy that when you find out you have an intolerance to one thing another hundred jump on the wagon too. Diary has not been a big issue for me as I don't do milk but other things seem to keep popping up. I feel bad for the ones that cannot have diary, soy and so on it makes life more challenging. I did Bio- Set treattments to rid myself of other allergies to different things....I do eat cheese but I ration my intake and once in awhile I have ice cream, it seems if I eat diary at night I get a bit squeesy but not like some who get deathly ill.

Keep reading all you can about celiac and it will become second hand to you real soon.....I alway liked the saying that if you can't say an ingredient then don't eat it the product.......Back to basic foods......

You can use alot of progresso products off the store shelf....

mamaw