• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Some years ago I had skin testing for allergies on the skin of my back. The entire area reacted so badly that it was impossible to tell what the allergen was that caused it. Anyone here have anything like this? Karen

just go have blood allergen testing done instead, im going in on wensday to have my blood drawn to test for food allergies

The only time they tried the skin testing with me they injected me with very diluted dust in my arm and I broke out in hives on my backand had an asthma attack. You should have them do the blood tests (RAST) instead. A lot safer for sensitive people. :)

The only time they tried the skin testing with me they injected me with very diluted dust in my arm and I broke out in hives on my backand had an asthma attack. You should have them do the blood tests (RAST) instead. A lot safer for sensitive people. :)

Thanks! I will be seeing my PCP on Wednesday and will ask for it. Karen

Some years ago I had skin testing for allergies on the skin of my back. The entire area reacted so badly that it was impossible to tell what the allergen was that caused it. Anyone here have anything like this? Karen

I did the blood RAST tests for foods and also the scratch tests for foods and everything else. I reacted to everything but the foods and grass. I had a hard time metabolizing the mold allergens and ended up with a nasty cellulitis infection from it.

All in all a waste of time, I already knew I was allergic to everything in the air. :rolleyes: