• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

taz sharratt

Can Anyone Tell Me

Rate this topic

dont know if im on the right board but here goes, not looking for sympathy just facts. My father died recently, because his death was so unexpected he had to have a postmortum, it concluded that he died of a heart attack caused from leasions and bleeding in the stomach and intestines. He was never diagnosed as celiac or had any food allerys that i know of. haveing just been diagnosed myself it scares the hell out of me. Im wondering now if he had celiacs and whether it had anything to do with his death. My stomach is more knotted up now than it ever has been its really starting to upset me. has anyone ever heard of this before?

Sorry about your father. The intestines heal once you are off gluten, so as long as you're gluten-free, you should be okay. I'd say it's likely your father had it! Something like 97% of celiacs are undiagnosed in this country.

It certainly sounds like it is possible. But don't get yourself so worried, the good thing is yours has been caught. By stopping gluten you can heal. Remember no gluten is for life! Make sure you get any children, or siblings checked as well.