• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Ursa Major

Feeling Crappy Today,

Rate this topic

Okay, so I gave in and did a little 'testing' yesterday..........okay, okay, I admit it, I wanted those rice crackers......but I can call it testing if I want, right?

Anyway, it's been four months since I tested if rice was a possibility again. I can dream that I will be okay with it some day, can't I? So, I ate some rice crackers yesterday, and today I am dizzy, my eyes are tearing constantly from the outer corners, and now my throat is sooooooooo itchy, it's driving me crazy! So, I guess I will have to put my blinders on when going past the rice crackers (Susie loves them, I buy them for her). Shucks!

I do the same thing with rice! I so want to be able to eat it :( After being off of it for a while (2-3 months) I recently tried it again. I went nuts with it, though. I don't get immediate symptoms with rice--it takes some time for it to catch up with me. So I made brownies, bread, ate Envirokidz Bars and even had some real rice :D . All fine until about a week into it--all of the GI stuff, fatigue, tearing and irritated eyes and weight gain came back. I'm done with it--I don't think I'll be trying rice or any other grains for a long while! I'm sticking to clean, unprocessed foods and am feeling better again--boring? Yes, but feeling good is worth it.

So sorry for your being riced. I thought the same thing with corn and possibly brown rice. I tried them thinking that I had "outgrown" the problem. Nope. No such luck. Hope things go better for you. Tara