• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

JenAnderson

Pasta Salad Recipe

Rate this topic

I'm having a going away party for our neighbors and I wanted to make a really good pasta salad. I want to use the Tinkyada elbows, but I don't know what else to do. I have no idea where to start. Please help me!!!

Jennifer Anderson

I have a simple recipe I use that other people have really liked, and I make it often for a quick side with dinner. I use Tinkyada's elbow or shell noodles, add a can of tuna fish (I use Whole Food's brand, as it's soy free), two hard boiled eggs, mayo (add enough for your own preference), salt, and pepper. Dill is also good in it, too. Very simple, yet yummy!

I have a pasta salad "Recipe" its not really a recipe, just boil the noddles, drain, toss with Kraft Italian dressing,throw in some tomatoes, cucumbers, and grilled chicken if you want some meat in it, we also add some peperoni, and parmesean cheese and refrigrate, serve it cold! its yummy

I use the shell noodles and throw in a can of tuna or chicken. I add celery and cubed cheese. Then I throw in mayo and whatever spices I am in the mood for. I actually brought it to a picnic today and no one could tell it was any different!!

I used to this with regular pasta, and have never used rice pasta or whatever (bless me I hate pasta)

Add olive oil

Oiled sun dried sun roasted tomatoes

Mario's Black Olives

Chopped onions

Garbonzo Beans, or Kidney beans or whatever you choose

Little crushed red peppers

Basil, Tyme, Oregano, or Dill

Pimentos

Slice-up salame (sp)

Salt and Pepper to taste

Garlic Salt

Parsley, or fresh basil

Pesto sauce- basil and olive oil

Fresh tomatoes

Green onions, or chives

I would not use all, but any mixture would work. Anything can go into pasta salad.

I used to also make fresh tortalino's with fresh tomatoes, cucs, onion with a balsamic vinegar dressing and sprinkled with fresh graded parmasan

I don't have a recipe but I just bought Tinkyada tri-color pasta the other day. Y'know the twisty ones like when you go into a deli and get pasta salad. I was gonna make it with some olive oil, garlic, olives, baby corn, tomato put it in the fridge to get cold and then add some pieces of buffalo mozzarella.

I'm having a going away party for our neighbors and I wanted to make a really good pasta salad. I want to use the Tinkyada elbows, but I don't know what else to do. I have no idea where to start. Please help me!!!

Jennifer Anderson

I make a delicious roasted veg and gluten-free pasta salad.Cut up veggies and spread on a cookie sheet with a little oil ,roast them till they are just tender ,toss with hot pasta add some olive oil and fresh chopped parsley,chives or basil and lemon juice .Do add feta cheese , grilled prawns or roast chicken,or turkey.Good hot or cold.

Oh dear ,now I'm hungry.

Guest nini

does anyone else have a problem with the gluten-free pasta getting all hard and chalky tasting when you put it in the fridge to get cold???

does anyone else have a problem with the gluten-free pasta getting all hard and chalky tasting when you put it in the fridge to get cold???

Not the tinkyada - other brands yes, that one no - although I've only kept it in the fridge for 3 days max -

I'll also throw in my pasta salad recipe

1 lb shells, spirlas - whatever

1 cup sweet corn

1 cup petite peas (must be petite!!)

1 zucchini, quartered and sliced

1 red onion, sliced thin

1 orange pepper, chopped

1 cup light mayo

3T brown mustard

1T cidar vinegar

Guest nini

hmm, I've only used the Tinkyada pasta for cold salads... so am I doing something wrong? Undercooking it? Overcooking it? Not adding enough liquid? Adding too much liquid?

hmm, I've only used the Tinkyada pasta for cold salads... so am I doing something wrong? Undercooking it? Overcooking it? Not adding enough liquid? Adding too much liquid?

I cook it exactly as the package dictates - 10-12 minutes. It does however say that you can overcook it because it is so "strong?" Are you adding some sort of liquid or fat to it prior to refrigerating? I have never stored it as - is, it's always been dressed.

I also think it gets really hard. I think it may be because i like my pasta AlDente and I always undercook it. I think i will try to cook it for the full 10 to 12 minutes and see if it stays soft in the fridge.

Guest nini

I also like my pasta al dente, so I'll have to try cooking it longer and see if that works...