• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

Lunch is the hardest meal of the day.

As I work and there is no cafe anywhere near, I have to take my lunch.

I usually, have soup or salad, fruit, rice crackers or corn crackers, but I am getting a bit bored with it.

Are there any ideas out there?

Cathy

Guest cassidy

If you have soup then I'm assuming you have access to a microwave. If you don't have a fridge, then you can pack a cooler.

Amy's frozen meals are good. I buy them at Walmart because they are half price of the health food store or even my grocery store.

Cascade Fresh yogurt.

Some sort of a "granola" bar. I like Gertrude & Bronners Magic Hemp bars. Some people like Lara Bars, but I think they are too sweet. Those items are about 200 calories, so you can pair them with fruit or a salad. Once I found some I liked I bought them by the case online and saved a ton of money.

If you don't mind several things for lunch, cut up cheese with apples or grapes, Mrs. Mays which is a bag of nutty squares that I found at Walmart. It is really good and says wheat free on the bags. The website says everything is gluten-free. I've tried all kinds and I love it.

Beans & rice. You can get the eden organic in a can or bring rice in a plastic container and open the can of beans at work and put the leftovers in the same plastic container. I add cheese on top.

I haven't tried gluten-free bread, but you could always make sandwiches.

I make extras for dinner and pack the leftovers for lunch the next day. Or I have tuna with Canola Mayo (I am CF) and tortilla chips. Or an avocado burrito (corn tortillas) with tomato and salsa. Or a bean burrito (corn tortillas)

Do you like tuna? You could do tuna salad wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves with a slice of bacon or turkey bacon. I do lots of beans and rice with cheese and tomato on top. Grilled chicken salad made at home and brought to work?

I have had the same problem in the past. I just recently bought a bread maker and now I make a loaf every weekend. It is perfect for sandwiches!

I have had the same problem in the past. I just recently bought a bread maker and now I make a loaf every weekend. It is perfect for sandwiches!

I bought some divided Tupperware containers, and now when I make a big dinner I will automatically just make a bit extra and create my own "frozen entree". I throw them in the freezer and it's great to grab as I'm running out of the house in the morning.

My favorite lunch is turkey and ham rollups. I put down a slice of each, a sliver of red pepper, and slice of avocado. It's delicious. I like baby carrots, pickles, roasted mini red potatoes that I cooked the previous night, sweet potatoe fries also cooked the previous night.

To me, lunch is the easiest. I looooooooooooooove leftovers. I like making rice mixed with lots and lots of veggies.Leftover steak sliced up over fresh greens tossed in a lemon vinagrette.

I could go on and on... :rolleyes:

I go through phases on luch foods :)

I like to eat spinach with salsa and boiled egg cut into it. I add a little veganaisse (sounds weird, but tastes good!). If you eat bacon, some crumbled bacon is good!

I've been making homemade gluten-free bread lately too, and that is really easy to eat with or without anything. Yum!