Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amber_rose

Article In 'good Housekeeping' About A Lady With celiac disease!

It's in the August 2006 'Good Housekeeping'. A lady named Alice Bast, was sick for seven years and went through 20 doctors, and not a single one of them diagnosed her. I think it was her veterinarian (sp?) friend who said that she might have it. She had also had 3 miscarriages from it. It's a great article! I'll try to find it on the web. I thought it was great publicity for it though! Alice is trying to give it more publicity.

K I found it! It's a pdf. Here's the link:

http://www.celiaccentral.org/SiteData/docs..._2006August.pdf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's in the August 2006 'Good Housekeeping'. A lady named Alice Bast, was sick for seven years and went through 20 doctors, and not a single one of them diagnosed her. I think it was her veterinarian (sp?) friend who said that she might have it. She had also had 3 miscarriages from it. It's a great article! I'll try to find it on the web. I thought it was great publicity for it though! Alice is trying to give it more publicity.

K I found it! It's a pdf. Here's the link:

http://www.celiaccentral.org/SiteData/docs..._2006August.pdf

That is a great article.

Nothing

Our support group in Media PA had her as a speaker and she was really really an outstanding speaker and has many contacts.

Such a knowledgeble and sweet person.

Judy

Judy in Southern CA

I bought that magazine--having no idea about the Celiac article! I thought it was great :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Guest nini

that is a great article, it is so sad what she went through but wow what a remarkable woman putting her experience out there to help others! She is my inspiration!

I bought that magazine--having no idea about the Celiac article! I thought it was great

---------------------------------------------

Same here, my grandma always gives our family a stack of magazines...and that happened to be one of them!