Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lancpa

Long Term Neg Affects Of Limiting Gluten

HI IM' new to this site. I have eaten very little gluten for about 5 years and now strive to eat no rice corn, vinegar and limited dairy. I have had a blood test that showed all my minerals were okay except iron is low, despite eating 5 servings of meat a day and taking multiple supplements of egg protein and chlorella. I've been battling with all my endocrine system and been dx and treated through natural medicine for thyroid anemia adrenal deficency, hypothalmus deficiency liver congestion, low blood pressure. thank god for my nutritionist. I'm down to eating only meat, fruit and veggies with no sauces, dressings and I worry about the long term affects of cutting off chunks of the food pyramid. Any thoughts on any of this would be great

diagnosed food intolerance 1998, wheat

corn and rice have followed

suspect beans and vinegar

Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back in praise. When the darkness closes in Lord still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

In my opinion, your diet sounds about as healthy as they come! So long as you are not having trouble keeping your weight stable, & are buying high-quality meats, & getting a good balance of protein & complex carbs, you are way ahead of the game. I would try to include some vegetable sources of oils, like avocado, & nuts if tolerable, & eat fish as well as red meat.

The Queen of Hearts,

She made some tarts

All on a summer's day.

The Knave of Hearts,

He stole the tarts

And took them clean away.

Diagnosed at age 49 by biopsy 31 May 2006

Learning how to bake those tarts gluten-free!

The truth is, that NOBODY needs any grains at all to be healthy, and the food pyramid is a hoax. Your diet sounds very much like mine, and I don't believe I am missing any essential nutrients. Keep doing what you're doing, the way you eat will definitely not impact your health negatively.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks queen and ursula, that reassures me that these newer issues are more related to the stress my body went through pre dx and diet changes. I've been reading this site alot today and it makes me feel not so alone and more committed to not breaking down and eating the pastries and candy that people bring into the office. My chiropractor/nutritinist uses muscle testing to id and treat each symptom, and he is often able to relieve some of the symptoms but either not completly or a new one shows up soon after. Over all I'm better but not good and I feel a bit on the roller coaster with constant set backs. he resolved the thyroid and hypoglycemia but now emerges the adrenals, anemia and low blood pressure. those are improving and now he is hopeful that treating the hypothymus will impact on everything. So nice to find a group of people who have been there. really.

Every blessing you pour out I'll turn back in praise. When the darkness closes in Lord still I will say blessed be the name of the Lord.

You eat very similar to the way I do! I don't tolerate grains well, so I avoid them.

In fact, since I identified and removed grains, legumes, dairy and coconut from my diet, I've been feeling better than I have in a very long time.

I second everything Ursula and Leah said :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

The healthiest humans on earth are the hunter-gatherers and all they eat are meat, fruits, and vegetables. They have virtually no grains in their diet. Although there aren't very many hunter-gatherer tribes left, and that's why us humans are so unhealthy! Go figure... we did this to ourselves by evolving into a more intelligent species.

Your diet is much healthier than mine! And mine is healthier than most.

1994 implanted with saline filled breast impalnts

1995 began getting sick with multiple symptoms, syndromes, etc. spent the next 10 years chronically ill

2005 found out I had faulty saline breast implants and was internally poisoned

2005 had implants properly removed with immediate 80% recovery of most symptoms

6/2006 started gluten free diet when digestive problems were not healing, even after agressively fighting candidiasis

8/2006 Enterolab results Fecal Antigliadin IgA 12 (Normal Range <10 Units)

"There are a million right ways and only one wrong way. It is wrong to think that your way is the only right way!"

The truth is, that NOBODY needs any grains at all to be healthy, and the food pyramid is a hoax. Your diet sounds very much like mine, and I don't believe I am missing any essential nutrients. Keep doing what you're doing, the way you eat will definitely not impact your health negatively.

AMEN

My diet is great except the occassional bloopers and slips and your all motivating me to be more thorough and careful. thanks very much