Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerry

Travelling To India

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Where in India are you going? I have been there many many times. BUT I should note I have not been there since being forced to go gluten free. However, I am planning to go there in Jan but anticipate NO problems diet wise. You will be fine in terms of the diet.. lots of vegeterians, lots of rice based meals, lots of fruit and vegetables. Tell them what you need and you will be sure to get exactly what you ordered. I can almost (with 99.9% certainty guarantee it.

Diagnosed 11-11-05 after 3 months of major symptoms, including 2 hospitalizations and 7 ER visits for dehydration and syncope. Otherwise, I had all "normal" blood tests and major scans. During those 3 months, lost 20 pounds, all my muscle tone, and ultimately could not walk for 2 days. Spent 6 days during the second hospitalization hooked up to IV and STILL passing out IN BED due to malnutrition with doctors staring at me AS IF it was all IN MY HEAD

Other related symptoms:

Osteopenia

Hypothyroidism

Gluten Ataxia - three "nodes" recently found in my brain (thought I had MS)

Muscle weakness

Fatigue

Chronic Constipation

45 pound weight gain since going gluten-free!

gluten-free since 11-11-05. Cannot eat bananas, potatoes, or spinach. Recently reintroduced yogurt into my diet and able to tolerate plain yogurt with sugar.

HATE the diet but psychologically tolerating it for my health.

Hi Where in India are you going? I have been there many many times. BUT I should note I have not been there since being forced to go gluten free. However, I am planning to go there in Jan but anticipate NO problems diet wise. You will be fine in terms of the diet.. lots of vegeterians, lots of rice based meals, lots of fruit and vegetables. Tell them what you need and you will be sure to get exactly what you ordered. I can almost (with 99.9% certainty guarantee it.

Hi,

Thanks for your help

I am heading to Cochin which is in Kerala.

Do you know if there is such a thing as a celiac society in india?

Jerry

My church has mission trips to India. One of the guys that works in our church office who sometimes preaches was born in India....Calcutta

Kaiti

Positive bloodwork

Gluten-free since January 2004

Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

Also, Air India has gluten free meals as long as you order them in advance--this is important since it's a very long flight and there are so many restrictions on what you can bring on an airplane now. Although I will say that they are much more accomodating to their business class passengers than their regular passengers.

Diagnosed July 2004