Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anne AMP

Dizziness, Nausea, Blood Disorders

Are these symptoms? My CBC blood work has been showing below normal lymphocytes, red blood cells, and platelets. All other blood work is normal. I also have dizziness and profound weakness. The nausea and loose bowels has improved since I stopped gluten one week ago. I seem to be frequently hungry but I have to force myself to eat.

All these symptoms developed while I was living in an apartment with mold in the wall. When it was discovered, I had been exposed for almost a year. Help. Thanks- Anne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What are your thought? Do you think it's a reaction to the mold? I know one person on this board had to move from her apt. because it was making her sick, as long as she's not there, she's better.

Or, do you think you triggered celiac by being sick from the mold? Did your doctor do the bloodwork for celiac? If you really suspect it, you should have him take the blood before you've been off gluten any longer. Keep in mind that blood tests can have false negatives.

Dietary response is also clinical proof of the disease, so if you've seen some improvement, possibly you developed a problem with gluten.

Welcome!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

Guest Kathy Ann

Hi Anne,

I see you made it! Welcome!

I agree that you need do your celiac tests before you are off gluten much longer. Mold can definitely be a big problem. If you have celiac genetics, then I think it is very possible the mold was a trigger to make the celiac active.

Along with the mold problem, it's possible that you are also anemic. Did your doctor mention this, or suggest you suppliment iron? You may want to check back with the office to make sure. Let them know that you're dizzy and weak. These are among the symptoms of anemia--and anemia is a common symptom of Celiac.

I was severly anemic for years (pre Celiac dx) with no apparent cause.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Along with the mold problem, it's possible that you are also anemic. Did your doctor mention this, or suggest you suppliment iron? You may want to check back with the office to make sure. Let them know that you're dizzy and weak. These are among the symptoms of anemia--and anemia is a common symptom of Celiac.

I was severly anemic for years (pre Celiac dx) with no apparent cause.

Hi and thanks to everyone for responding. I am not anemic and all my other blood work is normal. I have an allergy MD who says all all my symptoms are from mold, but when I stopped gluten my stomach stopped hurting. Does anyone else have dizziness from gluten sensitivity?

I get so dizzy from gluten I sometimes feel like it would be unsafe for me to drive.

Does the dizziness go away if I stay on a strict gluten free diet? I know what you mean about driving. I hope I can make it to the doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Yes, I'm not dizzy as I've gone gluten-free, though I have had some dizziness on occassion due to an adrenal fatigue problem I'm having.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06