Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happygirl

Harbor-ucla Medical Center Drug Survey

found this on the celiac disease foundation website today and thought it might be of interest for people on this site to participate: (it gives instructions and download info)

It is another chance for our voices to be heard!

http://www.celiac.org/newsEvents/ev-0610-survey.php

From the website:

Dear Fellow Celiacs:

Wheat and other starches are sometimes used as fillers and binders in pharmaceutical products. We are trying to determine if these small amounts of gluten in prescription drugs, over-the-counter non-prescription drugs, and in nutritional supplements cause symptoms in patients with celiac disease and/or dermatitis herpetiformis.

We are inviting you to participate in a survey of your experienced reactions to medications and nutritional supplements.

Your answers are strictly confidential. Only statistical summaries may be presented in scientific forums. All individual identifying information will be kept in strict confidence and not released by the Celiac Disease Foundation or the investigators.

This project has been approved by the Human Subjects Committee, Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would rather use my voice, than my experimental *ss for the grater good. :D

still love ya, babe.....no takers here. :ph34r:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

its a survey on how wheat in stuff has affected us...not a "study" like a drug study... a study on how drugs might have wheat binders in them and how that affects celiac. they ask like 10 questions :) I hope this clarifies and doesn't scare others off.

:)