Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pegom1

gluten-free Beer

has anyone had all three gluten-free beers: Ramapo Valley, Bards and New Grist? I was thrilled to find out a local beer distributor stocks all 3! In fact, it is about 1.5 mile from the Gluten Free Bread Basket in Chester, NY.I have been drinking RV since it came out and like it. Just wondering if any one prefers one brand over the other.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've JUST tasted the Bards... first beer in 4 years!! It was delicious! I've read that one of the others is better tasting, but don't know which one. I'm thrilled to find the Bards... altho at $46/case... it'll have to be only an occasional treat!

luvs2eat

Living in the beautiful Ozark mountains in Arkansas

positive blood tests and later, positive biopsy

diagnosed 8/5/02, gluten-free (after lots of mistakes!) since that day

Dairy free since July 2010 and NOT happy about it!!

My vote is for the Bards as well but I've heard the New Grist is pretty good too. If you like the heavier taste of an import (I would compare Bards to Bass ale) you will like it too! I haven't had a beer for so long. I rarely drink as it is and was tired of carrying in the hard stuff everytime we went to a get-together....it was everything I had hoped for and more!!!

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

has anyone had all three gluten-free beers: Ramapo Valley, Bards and New Grist? I was thrilled to find out a local beer distributor stocks all 3! In fact, it is about 1.5 mile from the Gluten Free Bread Basket in Chester, NY.I have been drinking RV since it came out and like it. Just wondering if any one prefers one brand over the other.

I live in Michigan and I have tried the three beers you have in question. New Grist was the only brand available here when I was first diagnosed in June06 so I had a steady diet of that over the summer. To me it's a bit sweeter than reguar beer and on the lighter side. Then, a local specialty store started carrying RV so I tried it. I was not a fan of RV. I only bought a 6 pack and I still have one left (after cooking with a bottle to try to get rid of it). I was in Ohio a couple of weeks ago and bought some Bard's. I loved it! It's an amber beer with a fuller body than New Grist. So, if I had to rank them according to my taste I would start with Bard's, then New Grist, and then RV (but I would have a cocktail or glass of wine before going for the RV).

There's 4 beers - La Messangre is made in Canada and I've only had it and Bard's but the canadian beer is way better,in my opinion, my inlaws get it for me since they visit family there pretty frequently.

Kristen

Diagnosed through blood test

Gluten-Free since 3-31-05